Morini .32

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Morini .32

Post by Guest »

Hello out there!!!
Does anybody know about the Morini CM32. As I understand the .22 have become reliable? But I never see the .32 in use. A dealer told me they don't produce the .32 because it had to many flaws and problems ?. Other say they are producing a small amount every year? I still see them in the Gehmann catalogue. I have just a look at them (.22 and .32) when they come at the market and for different reasons I liked them, So I think it's a pity if the .32 does not realize. Anyhow tomorrow I will test the Pardini .32 both the mechanical and electronic trigger, but.......... I also wait for the new Walther. I've been told it will come a .32 conversion kit in 2006. So maybe I had to use my 20 years old Sako for another year.
And by this time the electronic Pardini should be well tested. I have often noticed feeding problems with the Pardini on competitions I've been on the last years. As you understand I am a bit confused, but when buying new .22 and .32 I want to be sure about the reability. The "shootingfeeling" I just had to test myself.

I will be glad for all experiences and thoughts about the mentioned pistols.

Regards from Tor, Norway
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

I shot a .32 Morini (CM32). It had a nice balance (compared to my front heavy Hammerli SP20) but the default factory grip is dropped wrist. For me, this is OK for air and free pistol but the factory do now produce a slightly more upright grip that is nice to shoot. I recall the is a factory retro-fit to sort out the ammunition feeding issues. The one I shot did not have this modification.

For my money, I like the new Pardini .22 and .32
I would not want the electronic version in .32 but others who shoot military rapid fire (CISM) may find this an advantage if Pardini do electronic triggers in their .32’s.

Enjoy your shooting.
Norwegian guest

Enjoyable Morini CM32 ownership

Post by Norwegian guest »

I am a norwegian too, and the owner of one the very three CM 32s ever imported to Norway.
Two were sold, the third never left the shop, because during testfiring performed by the gunstore drew the firing pin broke at 180 rounds.

When the firing pin in my CM 32 broke, the importer asked me to bring the gun in for an overhaul and rebuild at the factory. That was in may 2004.

Today, 13 months later, the gun (actually all 3 of the CM 32s imported to Norway) are still in the custody of the importer, awaiting return shipment to the factory.

The CM 32 did not have a nice balance for slow fire. It is much too front heavy. It may have some potensial for rapid fire diciplines, like some military programs.

The gun would jam very few rounds. The magazines fractured prematurely, and screws loosened up during firing

Well, I must admit the CM 32 had the best trigger of any centerfire match pistol i have fired so far!

But then, I have not had the opportunity to fire the new Pardini .32 electronic yet...
Tor

Pardini

Post by Tor »

Sounds pretty scary to go for a Morini .32 !!!
A week ago I tested the new Pardini .32 with both mechanical and electronic trigger. At first I tested slow fire. And I really couldn’t feel much difference between to two trigger systems, maybe because the mech. Trigger on the Pardini are very good. It have a very short travel from beginning of second stage to release point. The first stage have a rather long travel on the mech. Trigger (and it had to be so according to a gunsmith). And this was worse when I was shooting mil. Rapidfire it feeled like I moved the trigger several cm's. On my Sako I have adjusted the trigger to a short first stage and trained especially to have minimal movment in my triggerfinger when shooting RF. So it's mostly a case of being used to the triggermovment. Here the el.Trigger feeled much better, it could accept a very short travel on the triggers first stage.
I also liked the balance in the Pardini and I was impressed of the recoil movment even if the grips didn’t fit me at all.

Regard from Tor, Norway