Electronic Steyr (LP10 & 50) ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RobStubbs

Electronic Steyr (LP10 & 50) ?

Post by RobStubbs »

Anyone heard anything about these ? One of our UK dealers indicated they were in development and may be available this year, or early 2006. I'm not planning on changing my LP10 just yet but I was considering upgrading the LP5 to the LP50 later this year. If the electronic trigger version is really on the cards then I'll wait.

Rob.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

That rumour must've been around for 8 or 10 years now. Ever since Ralf Schumann got a LP5 with an electronic trigger - the LP5 even has the cut-out in the frame for the magnet...
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Tycho wrote:That rumour must've been around for 8 or 10 years now. Ever since Ralf Schumann got a LP5 with an electronic trigger - the LP5 even has the cut-out in the frame for the magnet...
I am aware of the old rumours, however this comes from one of the UK importers - who should have his ear to the ground a bit more than most of us.

Rob.
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Rob,
I would contact Harry Preston, if anyone is aware of the latest, it will be him.
John
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

John Marchant wrote:Rob,
I would contact Harry Preston, if anyone is aware of the latest, it will be him.
John
John,
He be said contact originally quoted.

Rob.