WMG Drops Rapid Fire & A suggestion

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
F. Paul in Denver

WMG Drops Rapid Fire & A suggestion

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

This morning, those of us registered to compete at the World Masters Games in Edmonton this July were notified that due to facility constraints, the Rapid Fire event was being deleted from the program. Preliminary indications are that the WMG is willing to consider alternatives

I have suggested that consideration be given to replacing the event with something else as opposed to forcing shooters coming in from all over the world to waste an entire day.

Having visited beautiful Edmonton before, I agree that there is plenty to do and see including the other WMG events. But, if you're like me - you are traveling, spending substantial money and taking time work off to SHOOT - not sight see and spectate.

One suggestion was to replace RF with either one or both of the 5 shot AP events. This should pose no problem with range facilities and there are a significant number of AP shooters already there who would likely want to get as much trigger time in as possible.

To get this thing off the ground we need to get behind it by being VOCAL about it. We should not only express our disappointment at the cancellation of RF but we should also be understanding and provide some constructive suggestions.

Send emails now to: wmgshooting@edmonton.ca

You should also log on to the Canada Target Shooting website at: http://www.targetshooting.ca where a thread on the subject has already been started and throw your shoulder into this.

The five shot AP events are merely one suggestion - I'm sure that collectively we can come up with other events you might like to see instead. Personally, I'm all for anything that gets us more
competitive trigger time.

A special note to those of you who have already obtained your non resident conveyance permits. If a replacement event is scheduled and the gun you will need to shoot it with is not already on your currently issued permits, call the chief firearms office in Alberta. They seem to be very reasonable people who will simply add the additional gun to your existing permits thereby saving you the hassle of filling out a new form from scratch.

Finally, in the interest of disseminating this info to ALL of the international shooters coming in for the WMG, please repost this message on any other shooting forums you can think of or, send me the link so I can do it.

Tens and X’s to all!!

F. Paul in Denver
CraigE

WMG deadlines?

Post by CraigE »

As I am unsure of work schedule at the time, I have not yet gotten registered. Is there a "final" time that will still allow for permitting required for AP and entry for the event? TIA for any help. CraigE
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Craig:

According to the WMG website, international registration closes May 20th.
Go to www.worldmasters.com for more information or call them at 1-780-822-2005

You still have plenty of time to complete the gun permitting process. I've seen people successfully apply as late as a week before they arrive.

By the way, depending on what air pistol you intend to bring in, you may not need a conveyance permit. Not all AP's are on the Canadian's list of restricted firearms. Only those AP's capable of shooting over 500 FPS are restricted and therefore require conveyance permits.

To determine whether your gun is on the list of restricted firearms requiring a conveyance permit, call the Chief Firearms Office at 1-800-731-4000. Ihave always found these folks very helpful.

Good luck Craig and hope to see you there.

F. Paul in Denver