MATCHGUNS internet site ...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
WSmith

MATCHGUNS internet site ...

Post by WSmith »

For over a week now, the MATCHGUNS web page has been unavailable. Is this cause for concern?
Ted Bell

Post by Ted Bell »

It just worked fine for me, so it might be something on your end.

www.matchguns.com is the address I used.

-Ted
WSmith

MATCHGUNS' site - so that's it ...

Post by WSmith »

It's a RoadRunner issue. Apparently MATCHGUNS must have updated their sight but currently is not meeting RR's standards for legitimacy.
Ted Bell

Post by Ted Bell »

I don't know squat about web stuff, but will Road Runner let you access the site by another page? Here's the main English page, if it helps:

http://www.matchguns.com/pagine/azing.html

-Ted
Neil Foster

MG2

Post by Neil Foster »

Does anyone know who stocks or can get the Matchguns MG2?
Thanks,
Neil
Ted Bell

Re: MG2

Post by Ted Bell »

Neil Foster wrote:Does anyone know who stocks or can get the Matchguns MG2?
Thanks,
Neil
According to the post at http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... =matchguns the only N. American dealer for Matchguns is currently http://www.airgunsonly.com/frames.html .

Check out the map of the world with the yellow arrow pointing out their location. Those boys are North! Better make sure to clean the polar bear hair out of it if you get one from them. ;)

-Ted
WSmith

MATCHGUNS MG2

Post by WSmith »

The MATCHGUNS MG2 is currently shown in the new 2005 Gehmann catalog. As Gehmann has many North American customers, I'm sure
this will result in wider opportunities to aquire the MG2. Hopefully,
one or more select Gehmann customers will provide a level of product support for MATCHGUNS pistols that current U.S. owners were able to depend on from Don Nygord.

NOTE: The MG2 is shown with a blue receiver top. I've never seen an MG2, but I thought they've been all black.Call me "old fashioned," but I still
have a difficult time with the color schemes of current match rifles/pistols.
Maybe Mr. Morini will make one all black just for me? (I placed an order for one last Tuesday with Neal Stepp @I.S.S.!) I've also noticed that both the MG2 and the yet to be released Walther SSP have "read the instruction manual" highlighted in white on the reciever -YUCK! Has product liability come to this? Oh well, maybe I'll find the elusive secrets for successful shooting there?
MG2 struggler

colurs

Post by MG2 struggler »

W: My MG2 is a blue one. As is my friends. I have handled 3 MG2s and they all were blue versions.
The MG2 is offered in blue, black and red (topstrap colour).
The MG1 AP is offered in the same three colours.

My hint, W, is that the blue ones shoot tighter groops than the red and black ones. (Dont tell anybody about this secret information).

With the MG2 I´ll be somewhat more conserned about reliability than the colour!
Alex

Matchguns internet site

Post by Alex »

About availability:

Whoever is maintaining Don Nygord's site(probably his widow Donna?) has deleted Pardini and others but still lists Matchguns (MG2s and MG1s). If anyone is interested, www.nygordprecision.com.

Hold center,

Alex
range dog

match gun web page

Post by range dog »

I was able to get into the Match guns web page until today. I tried to e-mail then with no success. Anyone have more info please let me know. Thanks
Ola

End of MG-2?

Post by Ola »

There are rumours at this swiss/french forum saying that production of MG-2 is discontinued. http://www.pistoliers.com/gen_pages.php ... eneral.txt
Let us hope it's not true ...
MG2-shootist

Le MG-2 terminé?

Post by MG2-shootist »

La fabriquation de le pistol MG-2 est termine? No, je espere que c´est un pistol pour la futur...

The MG2 design may have shortcomings. But also some advantages. When the gun cycles reliably (that is when it is fed ammo to its liking) this gun is hard to beat. It provides a "delicious" recoil signature, and hence a fast recovery, and it has a really superb trigger. It also features a very convenient "dry fire" arrangement. And it is very accurate according to my testing from av wice.

This design is design is simply to good to vane into obsolescense.

All best,

Tseug

Post by guest »

The information that has flowed in my direction the last days indicates the following: Do to increased demand for the MG2, the factory is backordered. This means that the gun may currently not be avaible from more dealers.

I hope this info is correct, ´cause I enjoy firing my MG2 (and my MG1)...
ParabellumImports

Post by ParabellumImports »

We are the Australian Matchguns agent, and we have had absolutely NO evidence to suggest that MG2 production is going to cease. To the contrary, the design and manufacturing of a number of components is stilll evolving and the Rapidfire Transformation Kit is only now becoming available.

The MG2 is here to stay.
WSmith

Post by WSmith »

ParabellumImports: Please tell us more about the MG2 "design and component evolution" and Rapidfire Kit mentioned.
Ted Bell

Post by Ted Bell »

WSmith wrote:ParabellumImports: Please tell us more about the MG2 "design and component evolution" and Rapidfire Kit mentioned.
Ditto.

Also, BTW, I had no trouble accessing MatchGuns website this morning.

-Ted