MatchGuns MG2 dealer

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
range dog

MatchGuns MG2 dealer

Post by range dog »

Is there a Dealer in the USA for MatchGuns MG2. If not how do I get a MG2 from Illingworth in Canada into the USA? Would I have to find a dealer with an import license?
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

You may request a form 6A from the BATFE which allows an individual to import a firearm for personal use(not for resale) The firearm will enter the US and you will be required to pay any duty to US Customs. I believe you may import as many as five per year. The only drawback would be the " Never to be Resold" clause. You will be required to register in your home state if required by law. I thing the issue is outlined on the BATFE website. It is a .gov site. Greg
WSmith

MatchGuns MG 2 source ...

Post by WSmith »

The MG2 is shown in the current Gehmann catalog. As many target shooting dealers carry items manufactured by and/or distributed by Gehmann - I.S.S., Champions Choice, Neil Johnson's Gunsmithing, etc. -
the MG2 may now be in their inventory, or available as a special order.

I recently initiated an order with Neal Stepp @ I.S.S. (International Shooting Service) for an MG2. It's my understanding that Gehmann doesn't actually stock what they show in their catalog, but act more as a broker/shipper for those items they don't manufacture - your dealer orders an MG2 from Gehmann, and then Gehmann orders one from MatchGuns.

NOTE: As the US Dollar is so weak against the Euro, get ready for some serious sticker shock! The days of the MG2 for $1250 are gone for now. Be prepared for @$1600!! (It may be more or less depending on the markup of dealer you choose.)

gehmann