Changwon World Cup

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
WSmith

Changwon World Cup

Post by WSmith »

In reviewing the ISSF.TV photographs of the Men's10m Air Pistol Finals, I couldn't help noticing that three Walther LP300 and two Benelli Kite pistols were used by the finalists. Both of these guns rarely get any attention.

Where's the Steyr/Morini dominance usually seen?
YM

5 Steyers and 2 Morinis, FWB gold

Post by YM »

Check the 8 wemen final photos

1 - FWB
5 -Steyer
2 - Morini

Don't feel bad about either Steyer or Morini. Both are great instruments. I wish you reach the gun's potential one day. I am sure you won't be dissapointed.

All the best
j-team

Post by j-team »

Some companies have money you know. They give it to top shooters for using their pistols.

Post by Guest »

To WSmith and YM: Yes, this is a bit surprising. The Walther 300 has been turned down by shooters, because it evolves an unreliable trigger with some use, I have been told. The big, unusual and expensive Kite has also found litle favor, according to my observations.
But the answer could be sponsor money made available to the top shooters, yes.

The womens final was won by an aussie, firing a FWB P34, not the newer P40. A blue P34 this time. In the World Championsships in 2002 she used a red P34, I recon. The only FWB seen in the photos from the Word Cup.

Post by guest »

Yes, many shooters spend most of their lives training to get to that level then choose a poor pistol to accomplish the job for a few Euros. At least it is better than those crazy rifle shooters who cant their rifles just to throw off unsuspecting copycats...
Gimmeabreak!