Visualization - is it important?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Benonymous

My sight visualisation image

Post by Benonymous »

Hi Chaps, following the advice on another post I found a host for my image. If the BB code version does not work then I have included a link also. Any feedback on my image is welcome. I'd like to make it an effective training aid. The best way to print it is to insert it into a Word document and re-size it as needed.

http://www.cqbarms.com/photos/albums/us ... _small.jpg
Spencer C

Re: My sight visualisation image

Post by Spencer C »

[quote="Benonymous"]Hi Chaps, following the advice on another post I found a host for my image. If the BB code version does not work then I have included a link also. Any feedback on my image is welcome. I'd like to make it an effective training aid. The best way to print it is to insert it into a Word document and re-size it as needed.[quote]

Arghh!

To be 25 again and have the eyesight and fitness to be able to see and use a sight picture like that!!!

For older / less fit / less than perfect eyesight shooters:
- a LOT more rear sight gap
- a point of aim (halfway down) under the black, and
- a more realistic (slightly fuzzy) rear sight
might be a better picture.

Spencer C
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

You ideally need to have the sights a couple of rings lower down so that there's a clear gap between black and foresight. Also that gap between rear sights and foresight is way too small.

Most 'training aids' I've seen don't have the target there at all. The reason being is that you are meant to be focusing on the sights not the target so remove it as a source of distraction.

Still very useful to show newcomers what they should be looking for.

Rob.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

OK lets try and illustrate what I perceive as my ideal sight picture; <fingers crossed>

a second and 'cleaner' image i.e. just sights is;

Rob.

P.S. If anyone can 'picture' these then I'd appreciate it.
Benonymous

Thanks 4 the feedback

Post by Benonymous »

Great feedback, thanks Rob. I will incorporate this into another image and upload it. I'll also do a version without the target but with a slight blur on the rear sight.
Benonymous

Revised Sight Picture Images

Post by Benonymous »

I have incorporated the feedback i got and here's the result. I apologise in advance for dialup users, this will be slow loading. I did two versions of rear sights because the gun I use (Feinwerkbau Mod2) has a really broad rear sight blade. Other guns may have a narrower blade so I included a narrow one too. I can easily fine tune the images from here. Personally I have the dot of the target resting on the top of the front sight when I aim but that may be poor technique on my behalf. I'm a beginner.