Milan World Cup 2005 – Where in Milan is the range located

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Brian James

Milan World Cup 2005 – Where in Milan is the range located

Post by Brian James »

My family and I will be attending the Milan WC this June, but I’m not sure where the range located in the city (north ,south...on the outskirts, central etc…) I’m basically trying to find out how far away is the range from the downtown/tourist/fashion areas of Milan. If I would be very grateful if anyone can offer me any guidance.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Brian,
The event will be listed on the ISSF website and there will an official website for the event there as well. I would imagine there will range etc locations contained therein.

Rob.
aurorapolice02_11

follow...

Post by aurorapolice02_11 »

...the trail of dog feces and used condoms on the sidewalks from the Hotel Rafaelo...it seems that's all there was on the sidewalks when we walked from the hotel to the range. Times may have changed though...

Mike Douglass
j-team

Post by j-team »

Yes I can confirm that you shouldn't take good shoes or expect to do too much sight seeing as you will spend most of your time looking at where you are putting your feet!

If I remember correctly the range is north of the city centre but only by about 10-15 minutes on the tram. Not far from a main road called Viale Certosa (the road which has the Hotel Rafaelo).[/quote]
j-team

Post by j-team »

I should add that the Italians at the range are fantastic people, as you would expect form anyone who is into shooting!
Spencer C

Re: follow...

Post by Spencer C »

aurorapolice02_11 wrote:...the trail of dog feces and used condoms on the sidewalks from the Hotel Rafaelo...it seems that's all there was on the sidewalks when we walked from the hotel to the range. Times may have changed though...

Mike Douglass
and watch out for the pizza delivery boys on Vespas - they use the footpaths as freeways.

crossing the road from the Rafaelo is an experience for those of us accustomed to driving on the other side of the road - roadway, park, tramlines, and another roadway. At least the trams are consistent (as opposed to the Italian drivers).

To use the trams you will need the tokens (usually from a tobacconist) - get them during shopping hours or you will be stuck.
as others have said, the Milan range personnel are great!

Spencer C
Warren

Post by Warren »

I'm not sure of exact direction from the center of town, but I seem to remember more west than north. We parked our car at the range and had a local club member drive us to within walking distance of the cathedral. It was an instructive lesson on how to drive while talking (using both hands as punctuation), and honking at anything that veered within 20 feet of us. We took a taxi back. It was about 7 years ago, so my memory may not be completely reliable, but I don't think either trip took more than 10 minutes.