AIMING POINT

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

QUICKBRICK

AIMING POINT

Post by QUICKBRICK »

I am new to 10m air rifle and was wondering if when shooting comps you are allowed to bring your target back after each shot and turn it around so you are always aiming at the same point. I have shot LSR for several years but as there is only one target to aim at , you never have to move your feet, so you are lined up with the target once you have got into position. I tried shooting the five targets with-out moving my feet but cant find a natural position so I am having to move for each individual shot. Can any-one help please ?
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

I'm not sure I'm following you. Are you saying that you are using a target card with 5 bulls, and you want to rotate it to always shoot the same point? I presume the card is four-sided, so it seems that one bull will always be out of position anyway.

We shoot many of our matches on 10-bull targets. http://www.nationaltarget.com/cgi-bin/m ... ry_Code=AR

In some matches, two cards are hung side-by-side, so the problem is further exaggerated. Most shooters do make minor foot adjustments for each column of bulls, and some high scores would indicate that they've overcome the disadvantage. It's not as good as single bull targets from the natural point of aim perspective, but personally I'm more distracted by all the cranking and back-and-forth target movement than I am by the aiming point shifts.

What is LSR?
RobStubbs

Re: AIMING POINT

Post by RobStubbs »

QUICKBRICK wrote:I am new to 10m air rifle and was wondering if when shooting comps you are allowed to bring your target back after each shot and turn it around so you are always aiming at the same point. I have shot LSR for several years but as there is only one target to aim at , you never have to move your feet, so you are lined up with the target once you have got into position. I tried shooting the five targets with-out moving my feet but cant find a natural position so I am having to move for each individual shot. Can any-one help please ?
The simple answer is yes. You will find however that most comps use single bull cards or a strip of five. You therefore change card after each shot, or in the case of the strip move the card along one diagram. The cards you refer to tend to used within the clubs or at small comps.

HTH,

Rob.

P.S. For the centre diagram the card is typically moved into a diamond shape rather than a square so as to place the diagram closer to a single aiming point.