IZH - EAA/Remington

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Jay V

IZH - EAA/Remington

Post by Jay V »

Does anyone know more about the change of importer of Baikal guns from EAA to Remington?

From the sound of it, the IZH-46M (AP)and IZH-35M (.22 pistol) are not going to be imported by either company.

I would think that between the two they would be one of the biggest sellers in the entire IZH line.

Seems like a bad move, or a major oversight, to me. Anyone know different?

Thanks.

Jay V
IL
cqbarms

Re: IZH - EAA/Remington

Post by cqbarms »

Having talked to them my understanding is the following:

Remington optioned on the rifles (shotguns).

EAA corp is still importing the pistols and the airguns (although which pistols and which airguns seems to be a mystery)

Right now nobody is bringing in the rifles. Maybe that will change?

Jay V wrote:Does anyone know more about the change of importer of Baikal guns from EAA to Remington?

From the sound of it, the IZH-46M (AP)and IZH-35M (.22 pistol) are not going to be imported by either company.

I would think that between the two they would be one of the biggest sellers in the entire IZH line.

Seems like a bad move, or a major oversight, to me. Anyone know different?

Thanks.

Jay V
IL
metermatch

IZH-35m

Post by metermatch »

I spoke with EAA yesterday. They are trying to get more IZH-35m's. They haven't had a shipment of them since March 2004. I was told they are hoping some will be in the shipment expected in a month or so. Jeff
Jay V

Re: IZH-35m

Post by Jay V »

metermatch wrote:I spoke with EAA yesterday. They are trying to get more IZH-35m's. They haven't had a shipment of them since March 2004. I was told they are hoping some will be in the shipment expected in a month or so. Jeff
Thanks for the update.

Jay V
Misny

Post by Misny »

My dealings with EAA have shown that they are less than honorable. They have told me out and out lies and have spoken to me rudely. I will not knowingly or willingly deal with them again.
Cledus J. Crabb

EAA Weirhauch HW 660............

Post by Cledus J. Crabb »

I have one being shipped to me as we speak. My dealer said his suppliers only have a few left as EAA isn't importing them in any more. Maybe I should have bought two.........
CJC
James

Post by James »

From another forum, i read that remington is still selling the airguns under the spartan name. (no longer eaa) The prices will be greatly increased however, So if you want a izh 46m, get one while you can.