Commonwealth Shooting Federation Championship 2005

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Alex L

Commonwealth Shooting Federation Championship 2005

Post by Alex L »

www.auspistol.com.au has the results and some photos of the event, which has just finished here in Melbourne.
I was a volunteer worker, and had an interesting 10 days. However getting up at 5am to be there for the 7am start (for the workers) was a bit of a shock to the system!!! Both my wife (who also was a worker there) and I found we are no longer youngsters!!

The main pistols used were;
C/F - Walther GSP Expert, Hammerli, Pardini, Moroni.
Sport Pistol - FWB, Hammerli, Pardini, Moroni, Walther.
Free P. - Pardini, Moroni,
Air p - Steyr LP10, Moroni, CM 162 short barrel, and long barrel.

Ammo- Eley 10X Ultimate ESP red pack, Eley 10X Match ESP -Black pack, Eley Club Xtra, Lapua Pistol King, Lapua Midas M.

Air pellets - HR. Also used by the rifle shooters.

The Free pistol that caught my eye, was the English team's free pistol, which was specially made to conform with their regulations. It had 2 weight bars which came back towards the elbow of the shooter. It has a very long barrel. I think it was a Pardini or Moroni.
I have photos of it, but I do not know how to down load them onto this website.

Free pistol was all electronic targets for the whole match, and they were used for the Air Pistol finals only.
The 25 m events - C/F. Sport Pistol, Rapid Fire, were all scored on the range.
By the way, all checked ammo passed the chronograph test.
Alex L.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the info,

Any idea of the breakdown of Electronic vs Mechanical triggers for the Morini AP's. And how many short/long barreled ?
Also ratio of Steyr/Morini in AP.

Any RWS in the AP or all H&N?

Cheers.
RobStubbs

Re: Commonwealth Shooting Federation Championship 2005

Post by RobStubbs »

Alex L wrote:The Free pistol that caught my eye, was the English team's free pistol, which was specially made to conform with their regulations. It had 2 weight bars which came back towards the elbow of the shooter. It has a very long barrel. I think it was a Pardini or Moroni.
I have photos of it, but I do not know how to down load them onto this website..
Alex,
The UK free pistols you saw were all morini's. For England Mick Gault, Russell Young and Iqbal Ubhi are all morini shooters, as would have been the other UK shooters as far as I recall.

I might be able to work out how to post an image of the Pardini version since that's what I have.

Rob.
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Alex,

Thanks for the information.

Can anyone out there explain the caliber requirements and course of fire for "Service Pistol" ??

F. Paul
race1911

Commonwealth Games

Post by race1911 »

Can anybody tell me if a person can attend as a competitor the Commonwealth Games in Australia in 2006 even if they are not a recognized shooter ...(ie if they didn't make their country's Olympic team..............but they have paid membership in their Shooting Organization).....How about World Cup events ??...interested in doing some International events in Olympic Rapid Fire and Free Pistol..............any info would be apprciated, race1911
David Levene

Re: Commonwealth Games

Post by David Levene »

race1911 wrote:Can anybody tell me if a person can attend as a competitor the Commonwealth Games in Australia in 2006 even if they are not a recognized shooter ...(ie if they didn't make their country's Olympic team..............but they have paid membership in their Shooting Organization).....How about World Cup events ??...interested in doing some International events in Olympic Rapid Fire and Free Pistol..............any info would be apprciated, race1911
Sorry, competing in The Commonwealth Games, World Cups, Continental Championships, World Championships and Olympic Games is limited to those selected by their National Governing Body. Even if at a level deserving selection you could still be disappointed as team sizes, overall and per event, are always limited. Governing Bodies will normally therefore choose the shooters likely to maximise the medal tally for the team as a whole.
Alex L

Commonwealth shooting Federation Championships

Post by Alex L »

I have photos of the British Free Pistol, but I don't know how to add them to this List. If anyone can tell me how to do it, I would be happy to put the 2 photos up, for you all to see.

To answer your questions :_
Electronic v Manual triggers - they were about 50/50. This is for Air p, and Free p.

Steyr LP10's were 90% against the others. The top ladies in the final Air p. mostly used Steyrs, but there was 1 FWB , and 2 Pardinis.

Only one person used RWS. - from what I saw from a distance.

I will answer the question about the course of fire for Service Match privately - when I find it!!.
There is Restricted, and Unrestricted.
Restricted Match uses .38 up to 9mm or .45 Very few shooters use higher than .38. You can use autos or revolvers, with speed loaders. You can have holsters.
Unrestricted - you can use .32, and any other gun above that. Most shooters use revolvers with double action. However the .32's use Walthers with magazines fitted for 6 shots. You need 4 magazines.
Fortitudo Dei

Re: Commonwealth shooting Federation Championships

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Alex L wrote:I have photos of the British Free Pistol, but I don't know how to add them to this List. If anyone can tell me how to do it, I would be happy to put the 2 photos up, for you all to see.
Unfortunately the software that this bulletin board is based around does not allow for images to be uploaded from a file on a PC - the images have to exist on the web from where they can then be inserted using the "Img" tag.
However this is not as difficult as it sounds as you can easily create a webpage using the templates of a free host such as Yahoo's geocities http://geocities.yahoo.com/. It only takes a few minutes and you don't need any great technical knowledge to do it. Once you have the images loaded to your page, you can then easily insert them into Target Talk (or just post a link and we can then all click to your website to see the photos).
Pradeep

Post by Pradeep »

Service Pistol course of fire:

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/nrc_pa/guide10.pdf

Be aware that this may be copyrighted for Aussie R.O. use only, but I'm sure it's fine for you to read.

Service requires holsters. I believe the closest thing in the USA is "Police Pistol Match".

Tremendous fun to shoot :)