Got my Hammerli today :-)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Benonymous

Got my Hammerli today :-)

Post by Benonymous »

My Hammerli 480K arrived today and I must say I've been pretty lucky in a "sight unseen" purchase. The pistol is in very good condition but is missing the manual. The grip fits my hand very nicely and I have already adjusted it for maximum rake. The only downside is that the main seal for the air cylinder is shot. I removed it from the gun and its been pinched in the thread and is now torn in half. Would it be possible to rplace this "o" ring with a correct size, non-factory, part. I went to a bearing place today and they have nitrile and urethane o rings with high pressure ratings. I can't shoot until I replace this seal so any input would be gratefully received.

Post by Guest »

Do not remove cylinder from the pistol when it is under pressure, or you will damage the treads and seal. Drain cylinder before removing it or you can refilled thru the front valve with the cylinder attached to the pistol.
You can refill empty cylinder and screw it on the pistol. Once the valve opens up and let the pressure build up in the pistol it is much harder to turn the cylinder but you will need to turn it little more or you may have no pressure prematurely.
This was solved with 480K2. You can convert yours to 480K2, but I do not think it is worth the cost.
Benonymous

Post by Benonymous »

Thanks fot the tips :-) The threads seem yo be OK on the gun and both cylinders, just the seal is damaged. I'm going to replace it with a quality o ring and see how that goes. I have e-mailed the Hammerli distributors her in Australia so I hope they'll be able to source a manual for me.
Nano

replace O ring

Post by Nano »

Benonymous:

the o rings seals for design.
I have a fwb to which I have changed him o rings with success.
before we took charge those o rings until Germany, now I buy them locally and I don't have problems.
I recommend you that you are careful that work in the cylinder having verified that it doesn't have pressure and that once you change the o ring, you fill it carefully.

Nano
Benonymous

Post by Benonymous »

Thanks nano. I am going to try the urethane o ring first as the old one appears to be urethane also. I spoke at length with the bearing shop and there seems to be little doubt either the urethane or nitrile ring would do the job. I have contacted the local distributor to request a seal kit for the gun but they are a very small operation (it seems) and cannot respond to me with a positive answer on either the seals or a manual for a while.
Tom Suswal

Post by Tom Suswal »

Hi I do have a 480K and I think I have the O ring you need. I also have the instruction book for the A/P. If you would like I will copy the pages out of the book that are in english and send them to you also I can send you the O ring that I no longer neeed. Please send me an e-mail with your address and I will send the stuff to you. At no charge.

Tom

tsuswal@bellsouth.net
Benonymous

Thankyou Tom !

Post by Benonymous »

Thankyou very much Tom, sorry if I've been a little tardy responding to your post. I have been on vacation and subsequently, computerless. I will take you up on your kind offer. Cheers!
Tom Suswal

Post by Tom Suswal »

You are welcome, and I did just get your e-mail and I do have your address and I have mailed to you the O-ring and copy of the english parts of the book on the 480 K. The post office said it should take about 10 days to get to you. Let me know when you get it.

Tom
Benonymous

Post by Benonymous »

No problems :-) Thanks Tom.