Newbie has Hammerli 480 question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Benonymous

Newbie has Hammerli 480 question

Post by Benonymous »

Hi All.

I am new to the board and to 10m air pistol shooting. I joined a club about two months ago and have just bought a Hammerli 480 CP air pistol secondhand. I can find a good deal of information on the 480 but not the "CP" does anybody know what the "CP" designation stands for? I will pick the gun up next Monday. Can't wait!

Post by Guest »

Since nobody reply to your post I will, even so I am no expert.
First model of 480 was available as precompress air or CO2 if I remember right. "CP" I think stands for precompress air- I think.
aurorapolice02_11

Also...

Post by aurorapolice02_11 »

The Hammerli 480 is an excellent pistol. Ohio State and Camp Perry Champion John Bickar used one to beat several Olympians at this year's Top Gun Match for a Second Place overall finish. I hear he hadn't been training as much as them, so it must be the gun that helped...

Mike Douglass
Benonymous

Thanks for the replies

Post by Benonymous »

Thanks for the replies. I have learned some more about the gun. It is a 480K model which was the second iteration of the 480 model, later replaced with the K2 model. I havn't actually seen this pistol but my club armourer will hopefully receive it this week in time for me to get it for my Monday shooting session. One of the club members allowed me to shoot their Hammerli P40 Junior last night. I actually shot a decent group with it and it was only my third time shooting. I shot a reasonable group with the Feinwerkbau Model 2 CO2 gun just before that so I'm really improving, even if it does take me about six or seven cards to warm up!!