golf ball on bolt handle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

demonloop

golf ball on bolt handle

Post by demonloop »

Anyone know how to get a golfball mounted on an Anschutz Bolthandle? I seen it done and thought it was quite funny!
cqbarms

Re: golf ball on bolt handle

Post by cqbarms »

Depending on which bolt handle you have and how long and throw angle it can be pretty easy or pretty hard.

The "simple" way is to already have a bolt handle that will allow for the bolt to be closed with a large diameter object as a golf ball (like the 1907). Assuming that yours is as such. You can quite easily drill into a golf ball with a press and a vblock round vice. I would suggest a very small pilot hole then a progressive bit.
Once done you can test seat a nut to the diameter of the hole with the appropriate threading for your handle. Then a two stage epoxy to seat and hold the nut in place, 24-48 hours to cure, and you are done.

Be very careful that the epoxy does not get in the threads, make sure that you DO NOT let it cure on the gun. Also note that depedning on yoru guns setup, you may increas the weight past the allowed limit.
Dale Ebert

Post by Dale Ebert »

A NOTE ON GOLFBALL CONSTRUCTION

they are full of little strips of rubberband like material, be VERY careful when drilling into them. otherwise, good luck, ive always wanted to make a bolt handle that looked like an olive, but that would be far more appropriate on a BSA Martini which unfortunately dont have said handle

good luck, happy golfing
riflenerd

Post by riflenerd »

golf balls are boring....try a piston or something cool.
seemehaha

Post by seemehaha »

it seems that you could make many items into a bolt handle. one of my teammates drilled a die and made it into a handle. i think it's kinda cool. a golfball sounds like it would be a little harder to do because of the core an stuff. good luck with that.