Anschutz LP@ Questions

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Anschutz LP@ Questions

Post by Guest »

Is there a problem when cocking my pistol ?

When cocking watching with the grip removed, the recoil stabalizer center piece comes into contact with the rear sight screw thread.
This contact occurs very near the end of the cocking motion and stops the centre piece.
The outside piece continues moving rearwood for about 0.020-0.040" (0.5-1 mm) till the end of the movement.
There are now thread marks showing on the stabalizer rear.
Is this a normal function when cocking or do I need to adjust something?

Is it safe and non-damaging to fire the pistol with no pellet in the barrel.
Not dryfire, but actual discharge of air?

Thanks.
RobStubbs

Re: Anschutz LP@ Questions

Post by RobStubbs »

Anonymous wrote:Is there a problem when cocking my pistol ?

When cocking watching with the grip removed, the recoil stabalizer center piece comes into contact with the rear sight screw thread.
This contact occurs very near the end of the cocking motion and stops the centre piece.
The outside piece continues moving rearwood for about 0.020-0.040" (0.5-1 mm) till the end of the movement.
There are now thread marks showing on the stabalizer rear.
Is this a normal function when cocking or do I need to adjust something?

Is it safe and non-damaging to fire the pistol with no pellet in the barrel.
Not dryfire, but actual discharge of air?

Thanks.
It is perfectly fine to discharge air. As for the other bit that sounds like a problem to me - perhaps speak to or visit the store or a gunsmith.

Rob.
Reinhamre

Anschutz LP@ = LP 10

Post by Reinhamre »

My LP 10 does the same. It seems to be a part of the cocking process.
If you can see tread marks it is perhaps because some one used too much force.

It is okay to "dry" fire with air but it can be a habit that will cost in competition later. The penalty is only a warning the first time though.

Kent
David Levene

Re: Anschutz LP@ = LP 10

Post by David Levene »

Reinhamre wrote:It is okay to "dry" fire with air but it can be a habit that will cost in competition later. The penalty is only a warning the first time though.
Only until your first competition target is in place. After that, if spotted or you are honest, it would cost you a shot (rule 8.6.4.5.2).
RobStubbs

Re: Anschutz LP@ = LP 10

Post by RobStubbs »

Reinhamre wrote:My LP 10 does the same. It seems to be a part of the cocking process.
If you can see tread marks it is perhaps because some one used too much force.

It is okay to "dry" fire with air but it can be a habit that will cost in competition later. The penalty is only a warning the first time though.

Kent
The question was is it safe, and the answer is yes. You are correct that it would be a penalty and counted as a 'miss' in competition.

Rob.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Dear Guest,

With respect to the internal parts touching on what appears to be the rear sight screw, this is not only normal but also absolutely necessary for proper functioning of the pistol. Here's why...

The recoil absorber located in the breech bolt is designed to produce a force equal and opposite to that of the pellet leaving the pistol. It is through the balancing of these forces that recoil is reduced or eliminated. To achieve this, there is a small counterweight mass located inside the breech bolt. This counterweight moves rearward under spring pressure when the shot is fired. When cocking the pistol the counterweight has to be moved forward and latched in position against spring pressure. Contact of the breech bolt's internal counterweight with the screw at the rearward end of the cocking cycle is what drives the mass forward in the breech bolt. If you look at the top of the breech bolt near its forward end you'll see a small black latching device. This is the latch that holds the counterweight in its forward position until you fire. If you cock the pistol and then press downward on the forward end of the black latching device you'll be able to feel the counterweight forced rearward in the breech bolt under spring pressure.

So, the short answer is... What you're seeing is perfectly normal and completely necessary.

Hope this helps.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the advice. It just seemed odd to me that you would use the side of a screwthread that held the sight in place as a stop.