CM2 Izhmash

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

X Man

CM2 Izhmash

Post by X Man »

We got a couple of the new Russian CM2 Izhmash jr rifles endorced by USA Shooting. Today, we did some testing on them, and my son, who normally shoots a 1907, put 5 bullets through 1 hole at 50 foot in prone. He was useing Wolf Match Target. It is a very attractive package for the price. Russian manufacture leaves a tell-tale mark, but it shoots great. the 2 satge trigger has a small amount of creep in it, that needs to be adjusted out. The rifle came with a cordura case, cleaning rod (made out of micarta) jags and brushes, interchangeable aperatures front and rear, and a sling w/ hand stop. (the sling and handstop is functional, but it is kinda crude. Anyway, overall I was very impressed, especially at the price. We got these guns at Dealer cost of $349 plus s/h.
ksilver

Post by ksilver »

Try it with some other ammunition. There is always the chance that you've hit on a batch of ammunition that works really well with the rifle, and there's no guarantee that the next batch will.
Ken

Post by Guest »

We tried it with the Feeral 510 that I buy the kids for practice, and the group was uniform, but much bigger. It was about 7/16" to 1/2" group. We have found that the Wolf Match Target shoots the same in all our rifles, but I am sure there is some rifle that it does not shoot well in.
zoned

Re: CM2 Izhmash

Post by zoned »

X Man wrote:We got these guns at Dealer cost of $349 plus s/h.
Can anyone point me to a source of the RAA CM-2 (Cadet) for that price?
rjjr

$350 cm-2 rifles

Post by rjjr »

The CM2 rifles are great for a junior program. The best thing they have going for them is that they actually fit younger shooters. The price is attractive also. We just got 4 more for our junior program.
I would talk to a dealer in your area and explain to them that this is for developing future shooters, i.e. good for future business. My bet is that they will give you a deal. The dealer markup is not that great anyways, probably $50 each.
Rick
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Just FYI----they also call the TOZ35M and the IZH35 crudely built guns---and they are just that. But these two guns have been beating the rest of the world to death for the better part of 35+years.
damonlan

Where can i source these new?

Post by damonlan »

Any link you can provide to where I can source these new (Izhmash CM-2) would be appreciated.
Damon Landschoot
Cibola County, New Mexico
4H Shooting Sports Instructor
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

As a note, I emailed Mac Tilton last week (whom we got our CM-2s from about 5 years ago) ... he had no clue as to who of even if these are imported anymore.

Our program uses them, mostly shooting STD+ and are VERY happy with ours. We've had multiple kids qualify and shoot at the JOs with these.

Damon is looking specifically for the "Cadet" versions I believe ... he has younger shooters interested.
damonlan

Post by damonlan »

Thanks jhmartin. Yeah, the shorter barrel version is a bit lighter and better ballanced for the junior shooters . . . I believe. I would also be interested in the more adult version too for the 13 to 19 year olds.
Man, if savage only made a 3P stock for their Mark I FVT they would have a real winner. What on earth were they thinking puting that crappy stock, with its lack of but plate and cheek piece adjustments, no inset utility rail, and poor grip ergonomics on a peep sighted rifle that they market through the CMP for 3P shooting?
Damon Landschoot
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

damon

You might want to look at this.

http://www.pdccustom.com/photogallery/savage
damonlan

Post by damonlan »

PM,

Not sure there is a lot for 22cal 3P there. Sure I could adapt if I really tried though. Is there something I missed?
Damon Landschoot
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

deleted1 wrote:Just FYI----they also call the TOZ35M and the IZH35 crudely built guns---and they are just that. But these two guns have been beating the rest of the world to death for the better part of 35+years.
The Izhmash biathlon rifles are still being used by many of the top competitors in the world and its not because they are the only rifles available as Anschutz also make a good biathlon rifle.