Rapid fire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Greg R

Rapid fire

Post by Greg R »

Now that we have had a month with the new rules how are people finding which guns are good for rapid and which are not. Thanks
sparky

Post by sparky »

Hopefully, by shooting them! ;)
race1911

rapid fire

Post by race1911 »

........and my replacement for the Pardini SP, a new Matchguns MG-2 is being cleared customs and I should have it to fire in a week-2 weeks.....til then I only dream and hope I made the right choice
ruig

Post by ruig »

I don't really know what is the best... but here is "the first signs" from Russia:

Russia.Moscow.CSKA-shootingrange.RFP-25m-22lr:

[1] Kolyzhniy V. /1979/ = 578 (142)
[2] ALifirenko S. /1959/ = 578 (140)
[3] Gorinov O. /1972/ = 571
Shin
Site Admin

Post by Shin »

One more result from Russia.
Not sure if it they shot 22lr though.
And they did not shoot final... (no equipment?)

Moscow, Feb 05 2005

Edited by Shin:
Sorry for the confusion, that was not real score.
Last edited by Shin on Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ruig

Post by ruig »

Shin wrote:One more result from Russia.
Not sure if it they shot 22lr though.
And they did not shoot final... (no equipment?)
Shin, are You really think that it's possible to hit 293+297 with .22 lr? I don't think... but I cannot affirm... i'm not RFP shooter :-)

Как поживаешь? :)
Shin
Site Admin

Post by Shin »

ruig wrote: Shin, are You really think that it's possible to hit 293+297 with .22 lr? I don't think... but I cannot affirm... i'm not RFP shooter :-)
I don't know really. But I think it is not very good decision to shoot .22short in the National championship especially prior to world cups (Korea - April, USA -May, Germany - June). Also I don't know if ISSF will allow to shoot .22short in the National championship. (but may be they do not care)
ausdiver99

Rapid Fire

Post by ausdiver99 »

Hi.

Comparing a recent open with one late last year (Victoria, Australia) I saw that the higher ranked shooters (Master and A grade) have dropped about 15 points after the rule change. Perhaps their trigger control and recovery experience gained in Standard Pistol with the same gun carries over well, as I dropped close to 40, albeit wrestling with a brand new un-sighted gun. I transitioned from a FAS 601 to a new MG2 having not shot standard in years so a trigger I can feel was new to me! I certainly noticed the recoil, but think I'll get used to it and shouldn't see any significant difference in 8 and 6 second series after some familiarisation with the firearm (such as sigting it in) and a bit of practice (a magic word that one).

I originally though I'd use the FAS .22 short for 50 Metre however ISSF have changed the calibre for 50 Metre to .22 LR, so the FAS is destined for the scrap heap, thanks heaps Mr ISSF, where should I send the bill?

Pete
RobStubbs

Re: Rapid Fire

Post by RobStubbs »

ausdiver99 wrote:
I originally though I'd use the FAS .22 short for 50 Metre however ISSF have changed the calibre for 50 Metre to .22 LR, so the FAS is destined for the scrap heap, thanks heaps Mr ISSF, where should I send the bill?

Pete
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't 50M always been .22LR ? It certainly hasn't changed in the last few years that I've been shooting 50M pistol.

Oh and re. the thread, what about the score changes in the 4sec strings, that must be most affected by the rule change ?

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

RobStubbs wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't 50M always been .22LR ? It certainly hasn't changed in the last few years that I've been shooting 50M pistol.
Sorry Rob, you're wrong.

Under the old rules, 8.4.8, the ammunition specification for 50m pistol was the same as for Rapid Fire - .22 Rim Fire.

It was only on January 1st this year that the rules (8.4.6) changed to specify .22LR

Detailed, reliable, unpeckable information

Post by Guest »

Thanks, David.

Your knowledge is a relieve.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote:Sorry Rob, you're wrong.

Under the old rules, 8.4.8, the ammunition specification for 50m pistol was the same as for Rapid Fire - .22 Rim Fire.

It was only on January 1st this year that the rules (8.4.6) changed to specify .22LR
Well I did say correct me if I'm wrong ;) I'd say for a change but it isn't even all that uncommon, but hey I try.

I obviously just assumed that 50M pistol was .22lr as in my limited experience with free pistol I had only ever heard of it being shot with .22lr and I don't remember ever seeing any free pistols in catalogues etc that said anything other than .22lr.

Thanks for putting me right <g>

Rob.
Shin
Site Admin

Post by Shin »

I deleted the scores from Russia which I posted before. That was not real, probably some old scores in the editing stage. Sorry for the confusion. Here is the link to russian page with the real scores.

http://www.shooting.newmail.ru/Rezult/Z ... 05mp8.html
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Shin wrote:Here is the link to russian page with the real scores.
Those are more like it. Rapid Fire shooters can breath again ;-)
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Hey, if those are under the new rules ( which they should be) those scores ain't nothing to sneeze at----I don't think those guys have lost anything IMHO. I'm hearing a lot about guys getting the new MG-2's , I hope they have better luck with that gun than I did. I didn't think it was too good for the RF game---(in fact I thought it was an engineering nightmare)no where as good as my SP. I wish to hell I would have switched to the Russian Institute ( funded by the CIA shhhh) when I was in college, now I would be able to read cyrillic text. But the lure of DuPont and their Chem scholarship kept me a prisoner to the test tubes.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Bob Riegl wrote:Hey, if those are under the new rules ( which they should be) those scores ain't nothing to sneeze at----I don't think those guys have lost anything IMHO.
Don't get me wrong, they are good scores but they are not miles ahead of others I have heard of. I wouldn't mind betting that the first "big" matches under the new rules will be won with high 70s or low 80s. The originally reported 590 would have been in a totally different league.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I would be very interested to see the scores breakdown. I assume the 4 sec strings are the most affected by the new rules but I would be curious to see the real numbers - does anyone have that info ?

Cheers,

Rob.
Shin
Site Admin

Scores from International Rapid Fire Week 2005 in GER

Post by Shin »

TomF

Post by TomF »

Glad to see at least one American (and a Texan at that) in the lineup.

Or is he a Russian-Texan?