Looking for some input on the Walther LG hunter

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

FrankC

Looking for some input on the Walther LG hunter

Post by FrankC »

I cant make up my mind on which Walther to buy Hunter or Dominator wood. Any LG hunter and Dominator owners out there? I would like to here from you.

Thanks for your help
Frank

Did you ever buy one and how do you like it

Post by guest »

Hello there:

I am looking at the two same rifles and can't decide if on the hunter or the dominator.

Which one did you buy and how do you like it

savvides@savvides.net
Sven

Post by Sven »

I have a laminated stock dominator and I like it for FT shooting, but for hunting it is too heavy and the weight is way up front. I never shot a Hunter but from the pics it seems that they use a shorter aircilinder that makes it less frontheavy, and the total weight is lower. The big FT scopes make the whole setup even heavier.
If I had to choose again (at that time the hunter was not available my dominator has serial number 3) I would go for the hunter.
BigRott

Too powerful?

Post by BigRott »

Hi,

I guess my question is, Does the LG300 Hunter have too much power for FT? The specs on Walther's web site put it right at 20 ft/lbs. with a 10.5gr. pellet (10.5gr @ 935fps). I would imagine some lighter pellets would go over the magical 20ft/lb. threshold.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Later,

BR
Sven

Post by Sven »

The lighter pellets will go faster but have less mass, so the energy is also lower. Anyway if the rifle would be shooting to fast to stay under the energy limit you can easily adjust the speed (within limits) on the Walther rifles by adjusting the hammerspring tension. On alu stocked rifles this can be done without disasembling the rifle, wooden stocks will have to be removed and the bottom hex screw on the back of the system/trigger block can be adjusted. Turining this screw outwards gives a lower spring tension and a lower speed.