EAA Creates CM2 Youth Model to Support America’s Youth

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jay V

Re: Any newer info on these?

Post by Jay V »

Jarcher wrote:Hi All...

I was wondering if anyone had any more experience with these since this thread was started 6 months ago. I ask because I am looking for as .22 for my 9yr old (soon to be 10) daughter to shoot at the local club Jr. program.

Thanks very much
I don't have any experience with EAA's Baikal .22 rifle, but I would suggest not starting a new shooter, especially a 10-year old, with a .22. Air rifle is a better first step in my opinion.

A lot of junior programs will have equipment to use or borrow - don't be in too much of a hurry to buy if you don't have to.

If you need to supply your own equipment, get a Daisy 888 or Valiant and set-up for sporter-class air rifle competition.

Jay V
IL
www.aiac-airguns.org

Post by Guest »

If the local club is set up for 22 shooting, then why not a small 22 like this one? Some kids enjoy shooting the same type of guns that their adults are using, and will stick to the sport because of this. Never overlook the psychology of peer pressure. :^)

But is anyone using this rifle?
SRichieR

Post by SRichieR »

I have been considering this gun for our youth club. Club guns get used by just about everyone including left eye shooters. I saw someone ask about the stock and it's use for left hand shooters but I haven't seen much response. Those of you who have put your hands on this gun, what did you think about its use for southpaws?

I agree with the comments about it being hard to find decent youth target rifles especially at a resonable price. I own a CZ and like it, however, what stock and sights would you put on it. After the mod's is it cost effective.