20/20 Postal Match

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bill177

20/20 Postal Match

Post by Bill177 »

Don't forget to send in your scores for the 20/20 Postal Match by January 8, 2005. Match information can be found at:
http://www.airguninfo.com/matchinfo.htm
The more shooters the more competition.
Luis Medina

Post by Luis Medina »

Bill,

How does this competition work?

Is the shooter responsible for securing a range in which to shoot? Who's keeping tabs of the time and enforcing the AP rules?

Maybe it's up to shooter to maintain the integrity of the reported scores. I'd like to compete just don't know where to start.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Luis
Bill177

Shooter integrity

Post by Bill177 »

You hit the nail on the head. It is all up to the shooter.

You have to find a place to shoot - many shoot on home ranges - and shooting/timing/scoring is all taken at the word of the competitor.

Postal matches and leagues are the only copmpetition some of us will ever see. For others, it is a means of friendly competition while practicing for shoulder-to-shoulder matches.

Hope to see you enter.
GrantLee63

Post by GrantLee63 »

These matches are a lot of fun, and the more competitors, the more fun they are ! I believe the deadline for this current match is January 22 and NOT January 8. The matches are every two weeks, and that was the deadline date for the last match.

Hope to see your score !
Luis Medina

Post by Luis Medina »

Gentlemen,

As you can tell I'm new to the sport. Three months ago I attended a match here in Austin just to see what it was all about and eded up competing with a borrowed IZH46M. Since then I've been lucky enough to have found a Morini 162EI and a Pardini K22, both used but in excellent condition.

The format you're presenting here (20/20) is probably the best way for everyone to put some real life pressure, fun and meaning those practice shots.

One more clarification before I go to the store to buy me a stopwatch. I currently practice shooting two days a week. Per the format, the scores are reported every two weeks. By the time the next scores are due I could have technically shot 4 matches.

Is it possible to report scores for more than one match?

If not, should I report the highest score or the average of all? (Averaging will yield fractions of a point)

Thanks again and look for my first score by Jan. 22.
Rustam Bana

Luis Medina

Post by Rustam Bana »

I think you will have to decide before hand which of your practice session scores is going to go towards the 20/20 results.

Once you finish shooting 20/20 for a particular fortnight, wait until the results are announced and then shoot the next 20/20 match.

Rustam
Bill177

Rustam is correct

Post by Bill177 »

Decide before you begin to shoot - if this is the match to be counted. It would not be fair to other compatitors to pick and choose from various shooting sessions which score to report.

Once you decide to "shoot the match" you take the 20 shots in 20 minutes and report that score as yours for that two-week period.
Luis Medina

Post by Luis Medina »

Once again thank you for helping to guide this newbie!

It makes sense now as it reinforces the "Honor" sytem.

So I guess I'll be going "Postal" tonight.....(SORRY! I couldn't help it) ;-)

Regards,

Luis
Bill177

Last for this 2-week match is Saturday

Post by Bill177 »

Saturday, the 22nd, is the last day to shoot in this 20/20 Postal Match.

Full rules and information at:
http://www.airguninfo.com/matchinfo.htm

This is a quick easy air pistol match - open to everyone. So, come on and shoot!