morini compensator

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
james

morini compensator

Post by james »

hi,

My morini 162EI comes with the standard compensator. There is some muzzle flip and I got a new compensator ( M271 ).

My question is whether I can change the compensator myself or required special tools or expertise to do it. I noticed that the outlet for the pellet is very precise and any misalignment during the installation will affect the path of the pellet.

Any comments?
Eddie Tsoi

M271 doubt

Post by Eddie Tsoi »

I am sure the compensator with product code M271 is for Morini free pistol 84E but not for AP162 series.

The AP has a barrel diameter of 12mm, if my recollection is correct, but I am not sure the diameter of the FP. If both diameter is the same, insatllation is simple as only one screw on top has to be loosensed, remove and put on the new compensator. There is a small cut on the barrel so re-alignment is not a problem.

Two things needs to be careful is after insalling the new compensator, the total length of the AP should still be within the specification as listed by ISSF. The height of the front sight may also need repalcement because of the change on the diameter of the new compensator.
Fred

Re: M271 doubt

Post by Fred »

Eddie Tsoi wrote:I am sure the compensator with product code M271 is for Morini free pistol 84E but not for AP162 series.

Two things needs to be careful

Actually there's a third thing: if the M271 is really for the Morini FP, then the diameter of the opening is sized for .22 bullets, not .177 pellets, and the compensator will probably be rather ineffective.

Fred

"After market" AP compensators

Post by Guest »

Hello, guest James.

The Morini APs have quite some muzzle flip. The only AP that has nil muzzle flip is the FWB 34, and even better the new heavier P 40. Steyr LP 10 has a very minute flip.

In Uk and in Scandinavia Morini owners often install a swedish made after-market compensator. The muzzle flip seems to be reduced by as much as 50 %. I got my "swede"-compensator from a shoting friend, who boutht 3 of them.
It you get in tuch with the swedish division of ISSF, they might be able to tell you the name and adress of the manufacturer.
These comps are very nicely made and feature an attractive dull grey finish.