Toz 35m leaf springs

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mark Kelly

Toz 35m leaf springs

Post by Mark Kelly »

Unlikely but I'll ask anyway. Does anyone have a set of leaf springs for a Toz that they are willing to part with? Maybe you sold or traded a toz and by accident kept the leaf springs only to wonder if you could sell them to me. Thanks in advance
Mark Kelly

email markncynthia@gra.midco.net
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Always buy your first Yugo with a Class II hitch . . . so you can tow your spare parts kit (the second Yugo) . . .

(yeah, o.k., I was kidding!)

Steve Swartz
ruig

Post by ruig »

Sorry, "leaf spring" what is it?
Mark Kelly

Leaf Springs

Post by Mark Kelly »

Very funny Col. May your batteries never go dead.
Mark Kelly

Post by Mark Kelly »

Ruig,
Thanks for the reply. The leaf springs in question (from what I have seen) usually come with a new toz from the factory. The manufacturer includes three flat or leaf springs as spares. The one I broke is on the falling block mechanism and seems to help hold the firing pin in the cocked position. I have shot my toz for 13 years or so and I would like to have some spares because I do not intend to change pistols. Thanks
Mark
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

The spring you are referring to is the sear spring. I got one from Don last summer. I'm glad I did. Check with Scott P. He said he has a few parts. Something happened to Don's inventory of parts, but I haven't seen anybody stepping forward in support of our hunger.

A local shooter did make a sear spring from a paper clip. It even works. If you can't find a spring any place else, I can get pictures of the little gem.

Larry
ruig

Post by ruig »

funtoz wrote:A local shooter did make a sear spring from a paper clip.
I did the same ... :-) works as genuine :-)
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Mark -

Rumor was that Don's parts went to Larry Carter. Larry has confirmed that he has some parts and Don gave leads to get more.

So contact Scott at info@pilkguns.com.
Contact Larry at hammerli@maine.rr.com
Have a local smith fab one from flat stock.
Make your own from wire.

Larry
Mark Kelly

Post by Mark Kelly »

Thanks Funtoz
I already contacted Pilk (no luck) and I just sent Larry's Guns an email.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Igor,

Can you post some pictures and/or instructions to make the paper clip leaf spring part you mentioned?
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

For those having trouble getting firing pin springs, the standard rebound spring for S&W K-frame revolvers is a close match. I have the Wolf 15# version in my Toz now. The 15# one whacks the shells right smart and the stock 18# one should even handle worn firing pins.

Larry
ruig

Post by ruig »

Chris wrote:Igor,

Can you post some pictures and/or instructions to make the paper clip leaf spring part you mentioned?
Apple QuickTime Movie (animated)

or