Feinwerkbau 103 owners : Care to share info?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kleefurd

Feinwerkbau 103 owners : Care to share info?

Post by kleefurd »

I have not much information except product catalogues on this pistol and I know there are some of you here who owns this pistol. I would like to know more about the FWB103 and hope owners/users can share your experience with this pistol with me.

The good, the bad and the ugly please... what you like / hate about the FWB 103. Thanks in advance.

FWB 103

Post by Guest »

Hello, in Hong Kong.

The FWB 103, and the forrunners of same, has been with us for many years.

- It is a rugged, sturdy, wellmade gun. It will probably last for mye years.

But:

- It is heavy. The cocking hadle can be removed frior to firing, for each shot. This will reduce the weight of the gun to "normal". But removal of, and remounting of handle prior to each cocking, feels rather clumsy.

Cocking is a bit straining, but with some practice it feels easier. You will get used to it.

The trigger is typical FWB. Not bad, but less good than that of many other match APs.

So if you prefer to avoid the trouble of filling CO2, or precharged air from pump or tank, then go for it.
Dan Hankins

FWB 103

Post by Dan Hankins »

I bought a nearly new FWB-103 about 3 years ago. I have used it a lot. On a good pistol day, I will usually shoot as well with it as anything I own or have owned.

The good
FWB quality build. Good materials and workmanship.
Front sight inserts available in different widths.
Rear sight adjustable for width and clearly marked for windage and elevation.
Independant of a tank or pump
Not too picky about pellets, in fact remarkedly indifferent to pellet choice.
Adjustble grips and trigger set work well and settings do not change without your changing them.

The Bad
Kinda heavy.
A little nose heavy.
Standard FWB grips have fairly sharp edges. However, If you are paying attention, this also instantly tells you if your grip has moved on the grips.
Sight radius is fairly long, and not adjustable for length.
In my humble opinion the charging cycle which cocks the pistol and poens the loading port is not a problem. From what i am told by a friend that owns a 103 and several other SSP 10 m pistols, the 103 is easier to cock than most.

The Ugly:
Isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder?

Other stuff:
The cocking arm can be removed after cocking, for shooting. I tried this and judged it to be more trouble than it was worth.

The removable cocking arm was a concern to me. Thinking that the more parts the more chance of failure. It is a simple and strong mechanism that allows the cocking arm removal and shows no sign of wear.

The pistol was also offered with Morini Grips. I think they might be a little better than the FWB grips, but have never used them.

The nose heavy configuration seems to diminish muzzle flip, if this concerns you.

The muzzle velosity is very stable and it shoots at a little over 500 fps with about any pellet, including rifle weight match pellets.

Low maintainance. A tube of FWB grease will last a long time.

I went through three phases with this pistol. First I loved it. Then after a while I was not sure about keeping it, and now it is an old friend.

Respectfully,
Bubba
kleefurd

Post by kleefurd »

I knew I can depend on you guys to give me a personal review on the pistol. Thank you once again and sorry if I have been asking too much questions. :)

Its just that all the wonderful pieces out there are making me dizzy with trying to make a quick choice. I have decided on a match AP (LP-10), but am curious about the single cocking APs out there, and could find no information about the 103. It is sure a pretty pistol.
VAshooter

FWB 100 series

Post by VAshooter »

I bought an FWB 100 when they first came out. I shot it for a number of years and it worked quite well for me. The high point was winnig a state championship with it.
The only negative other than those already covered is that when you lay it down on it's side it rests on the rear sight. That bugged me so much that I built a stand out of plywood to keep it upright on the shooting bench. I eventually moved on to a Pardini K58 but that was just me itching to change guns, not the pistols fault. They are reliable and accurate but lack the refinement of the newer pistols.

Doug in Virginia
kleefurd

Post by kleefurd »

Thanks for the user's info. Hopefully I will be able to get a used 103 locally. Costs too much ship from overseas... I have asked around and there are quite a number of 103s owned... so hopefully someone might be itching to move to other pistols and I can get one at a good price.

Thank you everyone for sharing.