Dry Fire IZH-46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jpach

Dry Fire IZH-46M

Post by jpach »

I apologize up front if this question has been asked and answered before, but is it possible to dry fire an IZH-46M? If so, how is it done?

The Baikal website says: "Dry hammer release is available for training."

EAA has no idea what that means and neither do I.

Post by Guest »

just cock the gun without pumping it up and wallah pull trigger

Post by Guest »

ps cock the gun all the way just like your going to shoot just dont insert pellet but close the breech. great gun shoot low 570 with mine.
chrisjohn

Is it okay to dry fire with air?

Post by chrisjohn »

Did this a few times after lubing the compression chamber.
R.E. Smalley

Dry fire IZH 46M

Post by R.E. Smalley »

Open the breach 90 degrees until you feel the trigger group reset an then close and latch it.

Then you can "fire" the trigger group without involving the pressure chamber.

If you are familiar with the older style T/C Contenders, or a firearm with a single (or double) set trigger that operates using a fly, it's about the same thing.

I think it's prolly not a good idea to cock and fire as normal without putting a pellet in. This is because the resistance that the pellet supplies going down the bore will be absent. (that's what I have been told since I was a wee laddy, anyway)

Ed
GeorgeS

Sure???

Post by GeorgeS »

The manual in page 10 (izh-46M) states that:

"Do not swing the bolt up"

Are you sure that i will not damage the pistol???????????

and for what is the dry hammer available that Baikal says in their page???
R.E. Smalley

dry fire IZH 46M

Post by R.E. Smalley »

My take on the manual was that dry hammer release is available, meaning that you can dry-fire the gun (release the hammer in a "dry-run", if you will), not that a special attachment could be purchased to accomplish this.

Are there any IZH 46 gunsmiths around to talk to?

I will be attending an air pistol mettalic sihlouette match tomorrow at Canton, OH McKinley range.

If attendance is good there will be at least a few IZH-46M shooters there.

I will ask around for specifics as to whether this can be done and, if not, why. I will also poll the attendees as to who does dry firing and how long they have been doing it.

Ed
Warren

Post by Warren »

It's fine to dry fire exactly as R E Smalley described.

I'd just make one proviso, however. When lifting the gate to cock the trigger, do so carefully. Stop pulling up and back when you feel it engage. Don't pull it back hard. Otherwise it is possible to jam the mechanism so the trigger will no longer work; it doesn't break anything but is a pain to try to get unstuck.
GeorgeS

Factory Consulting

Post by GeorgeS »

Dear Friends,

I have just wrote to baikal about the dry-fire capacity of the IZH-46M, if they answer me i will post it here...

Thanks... and keep posting.
jpach

Post by jpach »

Here's the response I received from EAA on the dry hammer release:

"Sir I spoke to the gunsmith and he said that this is something that we do not have but he can try to order for you, however, it may take 60-90 days to receive part."

I'll order one and post a description of what I receive (if anything).

dry fire izh

Post by guest »

There are no dry fire devices available or needed to dry fire a izh, follow warrens instructions raise bolt to 90 degrees same position its in when you charge air cyl. close bolt without inserting pellet aim and fire.