Best Pistol for Rapid Fire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
race1911

Best Pistol for Rapid Fire

Post by race1911 »

In the process of changing over to Matchguns MG2 instead of Pardini SP for the "new" Rapid Fire.............anyone with experience with both pistols I would like to know the "good and bad" of my decision............thanks, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
´steena Green

Post by ´steena Green »

The new Pardin .22 SP contra the Matchguns MG 2?

The Pardini .22 autos (diferent models) have been with us for 17 years now. Most errors have been corrected, and it is now considered fairly reliable.

The MG 2? Mr. Morini himself has been busy constructing .22 autos in verious "forms" for many years. Some acceptably seccessfull, some less so.

Many shooters like the Pardinis, and some shoot them very well. But I´m a former GSP and FAS user, and I do not find much favor in the Pardini. I cannot pinpoint exactly what, it simply does not feel quite right in my hands.

The MG 2? I have used one for some weeks now. The factory trigger set-up is different from what most are used to. Not worse, not better, it´s different. I have not been able to decide yet if I prefer it over GSP/FAS. But I will rather shoot the MG2 that the Pardini.
It´s probably mostly a matter of taste.

Cheers,

Christeena
ausdiver99

MG2

Post by ausdiver99 »

Hi

I have just picked up an MG2 and will use it this weekend in my first R/F competition. I have only run 5 test rounds through it in 20 seconds and got an X ring group aside from one which was just outside the ring. I was impressed with it in that brief trial, I'm not normally that flash, 547 was my best ever score under the old rules.

More next week

Peter R
Melbourne Aus