New Pardini SP1

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
phil

New Pardini SP1

Post by phil »

Pardini new SP1 pistol adapted for rapid fire :

The electronic trigger is derivated from the GPE with new components. Differences with the normal SP New are located at the barrel, grip and weight. Pardini says production starts in january, all the first production batch is allready sold. In february will start normal production.

Best wishes
trinity

Re: New Pardini SP1

Post by trinity »

Oh man, and I just (like 2 weeks ago) bought a SP New, which doesn't have the electronic trigger.

That makes me mad, I mean, they come out with 2 pistols in like what... a year?
phil wrote:Pardini new SP1 pistol adapted for rapid fire :

The electronic trigger is derivated from the GPE with new components. Differences with the normal SP New are located at the barrel, grip and weight. Pardini says production starts in january, all the first production batch is allready sold. In february will start normal production.

Best wishes
william

Post by william »

What is what looks to be a small oval cutout in the frame just above and in front of the trigger?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, the good thing is, you can build one of these out from a GPE, which will be obsolete in 6 days and can be had for as less as 500 Euro. The bad thing is, the Pardini GPE trigger is such a miserable piece of engineering, I'm not sure that even an improved version of it will be so good as to be acceptable, not to talk about it being competitive with the Morini.
sparky

Post by sparky »

william wrote:What is what looks to be a small oval cutout in the frame just above and in front of the trigger?
2nd pic from the top makes it look like some sort of access hole for trigger adjustment, but I don't know what for. I believe the new SPs have it too. If I were to guess, I'd say it's for adjusting the fore/aft position of the trigger, but I could be wrong.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Tycho wrote:Well, the good thing is, you can build one of these out from a GPE, which will be obsolete in 6 days and can be had for as less as 500 Euro. The bad thing is, the Pardini GPE trigger is such a miserable piece of engineering, I'm not sure that even an improved version of it will be so good as to be acceptable, not to talk about it being competitive with the Morini.
What's wrong with the GPE trigger? Please provide details.
phil

New Pardini SP1

Post by phil »

Oh man, and I just (like 2 weeks ago) bought a SP New, which doesn't have the electronic trigger.
The model SP New with mechanical trigger will continue to be produced as the Standard pistol and the SP1 is the one specialized for Rapid fire.

Trinity you will be able to shoot rapid fire with your SP New. I don't know what advantage an electronic trigger bring for rapid fire, perhaps somone can explain !
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

I used to watch my friend dry fire his electric trigger pardini, he would line up against the wall and bring the gun up - sweep across the wall with click-click-click-click-click-click (yeah, I'm pretty sure the 6th shot was dry fired too to train him to follow thru the same on all 5)

THAT's what its good for!
Trinity you will be able to shoot rapid fire....
(isn't "trinity" a girls name?)

of course..... it would be great for dry firing in wome's sport pistol too....

i just bought a Pardini SP a few days ago too....

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
trinity

Post by trinity »

(isn't "trinity" a girls name?)
Possibly.
of course..... it would be great for dry firing in wome's sport pistol too....
Exactly. It'd make training duello at home much easier (ie, you can actually do it properly, without the raise-shoot-recock routine.

I also wonder if it has any other improvements, or the only difference between the SP1 and the SPNew is the trigger.

The SPNew's recoil does seem to come back softer and straighter, but that may also be just the new gun effect.

The grip in the above picture though, that can't possibly be factory. I mean, it doesn't have an adjustable palm shelf. Unless Pardini is making grips to measure now.
AnonJohn

Bill, Neo was surprised...

Post by AnonJohn »

...when he found out Trinity was a girl! So it could go either way.

...and you can always dump that Pardini and go get an electic trigger job. Thanks for the email intro BTW, but no word on the 280.

John
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

trinity = 赵航

对不对?

Poole
卜毕尔
magyar

Post by magyar »

Hi Trinity,

I think that Pardini only make these fitted grips for their world class shooters. If I remember well these SP1 guns were being tried by the Rapid Fire World Cup shooters from Switzerland and so they are not standard.
The electronic trigger is only good for training; it has no real benifits over the mechanical one for live fire. I imagine that the gun is set up for a sharp and fast recoil pulse unlike a sport pistol as you need to recover alot quiker for rapid fire compared to duelling.
There may also be some differences to the barrel to make less muzzle flip but which still come under the ISSF rules for a Standard pistol. It will be interesting for the first year or two to see what improvments come out as the Grand Prix and World Cup gun is now a Standard pistol.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

william wrote:What is what looks to be a small oval cutout in the frame just above and in front of the trigger?
Looking at the adjustment screws going up into the cutout, and what looks like trigger takeup bars or springs inside the cutout, I would guess that they are the trigger weight or stage length screws. Maybe you need to see what is happening to set the trigger properly. Alternatively, as this is a prototype, they may have just needed to see that everything was lining up properly prior to full manufacturing.
trinity

Post by trinity »

David Levene wrote:
Looking at the adjustment screws going up into the cutout, and what looks like trigger takeup bars or springs inside the cutout, I would guess that they are the trigger weight or stage length screws. Maybe you need to see what is happening to set the trigger properly. Alternatively, as this is a prototype, they may have just needed to see that everything was lining up properly prior to full manufacturing.
No they are not prototype holes. They exist the SP New I just got. I think you are right about their purpose though, when I first saw them, I also thought they were there to show you what the trigger adjustment screws do.
Anders Turebrand

Post by Anders Turebrand »

Hrmm,
While the hole gives you the opportunity to see what's going on, I believe it's there mainly because the frame is now CNC-machined, it's simply the easiest way to make a hole that needs to be there...

/Anders
AnonJohn

Post by AnonJohn »

卜毕尔

不。 您误会。

卖您的枪。 买另。 幸福。 好?

John
japro

Post by japro »

Greetings from switzerland :)
i'm actually holding one of these first SP1's in my hand =). basically the SP1 is a SP new with an electronic trigger. it definitely makes the training of rapidfire and duello much easier. another advantage is, that you can have a single stage trigger (is that the word?), which is not possible with the mechanical version.There is also a rapid fire version of the SP1. The main difference is, that the rapid fire version has a lighter breech (sorry, my vocabulary is somewhat limited) and havier (tungsten) weights to compensate the recoil.
The little cutout makes the adjustment of the trigger much easier because you can see and understand what you are doing, so you don't have to consult the manual every time.
trinity

dry firing new SP1

Post by trinity »

japro wrote:Greetings from switzerland :)
i'm actually holding one of these first SP1's in my hand =). basically the SP1 is a SP new with an electronic trigger. it definitely makes the training of rapidfire and duello much easier. another advantage is, that you can have a single stage trigger (is that the word?), which is not possible with the mechanical version.There is also a rapid fire version of the SP1. The main difference is, that the rapid fire version has a lighter breech (sorry, my vocabulary is somewhat limited) and havier (tungsten) weights to compensate the recoil.
The little cutout makes the adjustment of the trigger much easier because you can see and understand what you are doing, so you don't have to consult the manual every time.
Hi Japro,

That's fantastic, how did you get it? Is it in production already?

I was talking to a number of people about Pardini's electronic trigger, and they said the old GPE trigger had problems of being dry fired continously because the solenoid didn't always reset properly. So you could dry fire it for a while, but occassionally the solenoid would get stuck, and then it'd stop working until you racked the slide.

So my question for you is, can you dry fire the SP1 continuously without problems? If so, that would certainly make the SP1 an excellent duelllo training pistol (if nothing else).
mouse999

Post by mouse999 »

well every body knows that electronic triger r no longer used in the olympic rapid fire shooting.....it must be mechanical and wieght 1000g..
the same as the standerd shooting
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

mouse999 wrote:well every body knows that electronic triger r no longer used in the olympic rapid fire shooting.....it must be mechanical and wieght 1000g..
the same as the standerd shooting
There is absolutely nothing that says that you must have a mechanical trigger. An electronic one, provided it lifts the weight and is safe, is fine.