New IZH46 Owner

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
LgOrbz

New IZH46 Owner

Post by LgOrbz »

I recently purchased a Baikal IZH46M to try my hand in the pistol world.

I pulled it out of the box and proceeded to read the manual several times to figure out how to cock and load it. After about 30-40 shots it lost pressure and just gave me a nice "pfffft". I found two o-rings in the box when I opened it and thought they were spares. After looking at the diagrams (with a magnifying glasss, grin) at the end of the manual I discovered they went into the top and bottom of the bolt assembly. Boy did the pellets fly after that!! (bigger grin)

I was told that the gun should have shipped with the o-rings installed and they had probably fell out - since it took me 10 minutes to put them in I don't think there is any way possible they fell out. I think the first shots I fired with it were probably possible because of the oil and fit of the metals were tight enough to push the pellets out.

Now after 400-500 pellets it has lost pressure again and won't expel a pellet ...the o-rings are fine. When I pull the cocking lever up there is almost no resistance. I read in the manual that every 500 pellets the compression chamber should be oiled so I put a drop in the vent hole (which I assumed to be where the bottom of the bolt contacts, where the o-ring is).

I never leave it cocked and always just pull the lever slightly forward until it releases the bolt before I set the gun down.

Anyone have any ideas what I might be missing?

Anyone know of any airgun shooter clubs in the Virginia Beach area?

Paul from Virginia
espresso31

Compression problems with IZH46M

Post by espresso31 »

Paul,

I was very curious to see any answer to your problem because I have a very similar one. I bought my IZH46M used and after a few pellets it lost compression. I have ordered the seal kit from EAA but the o-rings were ok and the problem was still present. I am pretty sure it is the lock - in the exploded view it is the number 31 and it came in the seal kit too. I took the gun appart but I got stuck at the valve seat and the bush (numbers 30 and 32) which enclose the rubber lock. I couldn't find anybody who did exchange this part. I am affraid I might damage the gun by trying around. I tried to contact EAA and Baikal but no answer at all. I doubt that your gun should fail for the lock - just after 400-500 pellets. I know these airguns are very long lasting... I need to find someone that has taken appart the whole IHZ46M to the last screw. I am not very far from that and if I make it to get it disassemble it totally I might make a picture set on how to do it.

Good luck,

Robert from Texas

Post by Guest »

Did you get the problem fixed? If not Pilkington can help you for sure. He is the best gunmaster and he fixed mine just before I gave it up as unrepairable!

Robert
LeeU

IZH 46 loss of compression

Post by LeeU »

Paul,

I have owned a IZH 46 (not 46M) for several years. I have never lost compression. I was instructed to oil the compression chamber as follows:

1. Cock the pistol, but do not return the cocking lever to
its original position.

2. Turn the pistol upside down and place it on a flat surface.

3. You should be able to see the compression cylinder
(silver color) and part of the (black) compression seal.

The seal in this position is blocking a small hole in the
compression chamber, this hole is used for lubricating
the chamber.

If the hole is not exposed, apply a small amount of
downward pressure on the cocking lever, this should
expose the hole.

4. Now Is the time to oil your chamber and seal.
Caution,just two or three drops and check the
compression. Otherwise you will be blowing oil out of
the exhaust ports.

Be careful of the oil you use, some can deteriorate the
seals. I have used Crosman Pellgunoil ever since
I purchased the pistol.

P.S. Everything I have stated above, applys to the IZH 46. I hope
things haven't changed with the 46M.

Good Luck Paul

Lee

[/u][/list][/quote]