When you are too old......

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Alex L

When you are too old......

Post by Alex L »

I recently applied for a Volunteers job with the Melbourne Commonwealth Games people.
I have 45+ years of experiance as a shooter, and have a Range Supervisor's qualification. I have officiated at many State and National Titles Championships, as well. I am still an active, competitive shooter.
But, as I am 72 years old they don't want to know me!

Can anyone explain why I am too old to be a volunteer worker on a Pistol Range?!!
I am very disappointed, so I am taking an early holiday, and going fishing!!! However I am determined that I am coming back next year, and going to shoot at the State Titles, in my grade, in 5 ISSF events!

I have enjoyed the year talking to you all, even though we are so far apart, but have the same thoughts and interests.
I wish you all the compliments of the Season, and Best wishes for the New Year,-- when I hope we can all chat again, and set the shooting world to rights!!!!!

Stay Safe, and Stay Well, Alex. from sunny Melbourne,Oz.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Alex,
That's a shame I would have thought all experienced shooters would be welcomed as 'helpers' maybe they have too many already ?

Have fun with the fishing and continued shooting. I would however advise you get yourself along to watch at least some of the events, as I did when they were in England. These things come around all too rarely and it would be a shame to miss the opportunity when it's on your own doorstep.

Rob.