Free Pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RYAN SPINNEY-JR. PISTOL

Free Pistols

Post by RYAN SPINNEY-JR. PISTOL »

I was wondering if anyone could tell me some sites where they sell free pistols and which free pistols are the best and which are used most and where i can find them
Thank you
Ryan Spinney
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I'm pretty sure our hosts here can help you with free pistols i.e. Pilkguns.com

Rob.
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Ryan you may also try the Nygord web site for a while as he is going out of business due to illness. The TOZ35 and the Morini84 are amongst the best around--while the TOZ does need tweaking the Morini shoots right out of the box and has the electric trigger.
mdanders

free pistols

Post by mdanders »

There are about 4 brands that are common Styer, morini, toz and the paridini. Pilkguns is the rep in the US for the Styer, Larry's gun is now the rep for the Paridini, and as the above post states you may want to try Nygords but due to Don's health you need to contact them soon.

Good luck in you search.
Mark
Freepistolero

popular brands

Post by Freepistolero »

There are many brand to choose from. The most common in the large competitions are: Morini M84, TOZ 35, some Haemmerlies, and more rarely the Steyr and the MU-55.
I have not seen the odd looking and even more odd functioning Pardini at any major international competition.
By the way, Cesare Morini (the father of the Morini guns) are about to release a new free pistol, the MG-5. It is a SAM/Haemmerli FP 10 look-alike. I will try that one out. when I can get hold of one.
The pardini free pistol? Not for me, no.
Nicole Hamilton

Re: popular brands

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Freepistolero wrote:I have not seen the odd looking and even more odd functioning Pardini at any major international competition. ... The pardini free pistol? Not for me, no.
I'm trying to collect information on free pistols as the first step toward buying one. This comment caught my eye. Can someone please elaborate (or offer an alternate view, as appropriate) on what is so odd-looking or odd-functioning about the Pardini?

Thanks!
dflast

Post by dflast »

Nicole,

The ones seen most, Hammerli 150/152/160/162, TOZ-35 & Morini all have Martini actions (TOZ manual quaintly calls this a "tipping slide") Pardini is a bolt-action if I'm not mistaken.

An aside: will we see you at Kenmore this eve? Very informal. Proper FP not needed, we all started with standard pistols and then the madness took hold...

David
Nicole Hamilton

Thanks, David. Yes, indeedie, I will be there tonight. Larry also sent me a very nice note suggesting I'd be welcome even with the wrong gun and the wrong sights, at least to get started. Perhaps you can show me then what you mean about the design of the action.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

dflast wrote:Nicole,

The ones seen most, Hammerli 150/152/160/162, TOZ-35 & Morini all have Martini actions (TOZ manual quaintly calls this a "tipping slide") Pardini is a bolt-action if I'm not mistaken.

An aside: will we see you at Kenmore this eve? Very informal. Proper FP not needed, we all started with standard pistols and then the madness took hold...

David
David,
You are mistaken - the K22 is not bolt action, as far as I can tell it works in pretty much same was as almost all the others. (I have one I just don't know how all others work).

The K22 looks slightly odd and has a bar above the barrel where it's weights attach. It looks even more odd in my (UK) configuration though <g>

Rob.
Attachments
K22 UK.JPG
Nicole Hamilton

Thanks, Rob. It hadn't occurred to me that the weights on the K22 might look odd to some people, but perhaps that's it. To me, it doesn't look any more odd than the weights on the Steyr FP1 or, for that matter, the Hammerli FP10, which comes with equipped with what looks like a TV antenna. I've seen pictures of the Longarm variant, designed to make it legal as a "rifle" for UK shooters and agree, that does look odd, so maybe Freepistolero was confusing the Longarm with the regular version.

If you don't mind my asking, Rob, how did you happen to settle on the Pardini and how satisfied are you with your choice? Do you have an opinion of how the trigger and overall feel of the gun compare to the Pardini SP?
dflast

Post by dflast »

Rob,

Possibly we are caught up in semantic niceties re the term "bolt action?" For my part I don't have a K22 to look at in the solid but Pardini themselves describe it as "new Pardini System bolt action." I take this to mean there is a cylindrical breech closure, running in the receiver coaxial to the barrel, which I think of as a bolt however it may be locked when closed.
The Martini action referred to features a breech-block pivoted at the back, that swings down to open and cock the action (and back up of course to lock.)

David
Last edited by dflast on Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ernie Rodriguez

Free pistol

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Ryan-Any of the free pistols will perform.It might come down to your budget.The Morini cm84e is the most costly-a fine pistol.To get most for your money-I would say the TOZ 35m.The exterior is not finished like a Morini,but it is reliable,simple and usually comes with decent grips and you can easily get it repaired.The rest of them are hard to get parts,in some cases,and others are damn hard to sell-when you want to upgrade.The only other one I might suggest is the Hammerli line-!06,107,150 or 160.No electronic trigger.Hope this helps you.Ernie.
GOVTMODEL

Re: popular brands

Post by GOVTMODEL »

[quote="Nicole Hamilton]I Can someone please elaborate (or offer an alternate view, as appropriate) on what is so odd-looking or odd-functioning about the Pardini?
Thanks![/quote]

Though it's described as a bolt action (the previous Pardini Free Pistol really was a bolt action) it appears more like a toggle mechanism, similar to a Luger.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Nicole Hamilton wrote: If you don't mind my asking, Rob, how did you happen to settle on the Pardini and how satisfied are you with your choice? Do you have an opinion of how the trigger and overall feel of the gun compare to the Pardini SP?
Nicole,
In the UK we have a choice of three 'legal' free pistols. I have a problem straightening my arms (or rather I can't). I therefore need a lot of grip adjustment and the pardini is the only one where it can be done sufficiently (the other UK free pistols being the morini and SAM).

The gun appears fine and the trigger is very nice. Unfortunately I can't compare it to the SP as they are illegal in the UK :(

Rob.