Who hacked TargetTalk?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

sparky

Who hacked TargetTalk?

Post by sparky »

Anyone know who did it and why? I thought we were a pretty low-profile bunch.
nneely

???

Post by nneely »

Am I blind? What hack?

Post by Guest »

those of us who are addicted to TT and check it 6 or 8 times a day (or have it as a homepage :) ) noticed that it was gone and one line of incoherent text was in its place for a brief period of time yesterday.

Poole

Post by Guest »

They are a group of hackers from Brazil who use the name Rebellious Fingers. What I've read of their exploits shows them to be a nondestructive type, in that they do not destroy data etc.. They substitute the front page with a reminder that they have been in and were able to defeat the system. It seems that they enjoy exploiting the weaknesses of some server systems. This does at least expose the weakness so patches can be crafted and hopefully prevent intrusion by individuals with a more vicious intent.
I believe they pulled the same stunt about a week ago.
Tom Bowen

Post by Tom Bowen »

It also happened 2 or 3 weeks ago, i think it was the same group based on the note that appeared when you went to the site.
Ray Odle

Post by Ray Odle »

These guys need to get a life. There is as much sense of accomplishment from hacking these days as there is in stealing candy from a baby.

They need to try something that takes a skill and really gives a great high, like firing an accurate shot.

Ray
Shin
Site Admin

Post by Shin »

I updated forum software. Hopefully this won't happen again.