ISSF Pistol Trigger Specs Question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Jack

ISSF Pistol Trigger Specs Question

Post by Jack »

I just read the standard pistol specs. Is it really true that the trigger pull is now a minimum of 1000grams ? That is almost the weight of many of the pistols and if true it eliminates the electronic triggers.

Jack
Mike Taylor

Standard Pistol Trigger Weight

Post by Mike Taylor »

Yes, trigger release weight is minimum of 1000 grams, that's 2.2046 pounds. That's not new though; has been that at least since mid 70's. An electronic trigger is still possible; just need a spring in the linkage to provide the resistance.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Just a question who makes a standard pistol with an electronic trigger? I hope he isn't confusing Std. pistol and air pistol.
Fortitudo Dei

Re: ISSF Pistol Trigger Specs Question

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Jack wrote:I just read the standard pistol specs. Is it really true that the trigger pull is now a minimum of 1000grams ? That is almost the weight of many of the pistols and if true it eliminates the electronic triggers.

Jack
1000 grams sounds heavier than it feels on your trigger finger. The trigger pull on most military pistols is well in excess of 1000 grams - and I shudder to think what the trigger weight on an out-of-the-box double-action revolver would be (2000 grams? Anyone know for sure?). I reckon the pull on some of the cruddy old Ruger MkII's I've shot must have been up around the 1400 gram mark.
Currently there are no standard pistols in production with electronic triggers though Pardini did develop one for their new (now redundant) Rapid Fire pistol and this will probably find its way into their next generation Standard pistol.
non-electronic

Post by non-electronic »

To Richard H.

Morini once upon a time made a Standard Pistol. iIthink it was named the M102 E model. It was not a successful performer. It is no longer manufactured.

Go mechanic! Less trouble, more fun!
Anders Turebrand

Post by Anders Turebrand »

What I have heard from owners of the CM102E, the reliability problems had nothing to do with the electronic trigger, it worked very well.
It used the same system as the CM162 (15V battery)

/Anders
sbow

Post by sbow »

Note that Don Nygord converted an electronically triggered Pardini GPE to .22lr. As of today, he still has it listed on his used guns page. Since the listings on that page change frequently, and due to the fact that Mr. Nygord's health is sadly leading him to close his business, I will quote the text of the ad here for posterity's sake:
"First electronic trigger .22LR Pardini!! Don couldn't resist the challenge and converted a GPE Schumann Electronic to .22LR. Dry fire by just pulling the trigger! Super consistent two stage trigger pull set at 2 lbs. Bushnell red-dot sight, case, 2 mags, etc. (The factory will probably do this, but not for at least a year and not for this price!) $1400"
(The advantage an electronic trigger possesses in dry-firing was one I had never considered before reading this ad.)
Jack

Post by Jack »

Thanks to everyone for your information and suggestions. There is a similar issue with the pistol weight required to be 1400g. I see that the Pardini SP and SP New are both in the 1100g range!

I used to be that we only had to add weight to the barrel if we wanted, now I feel more like a jockey with the weighted saddle.

Jack
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Jack wrote:There is a similar issue with the pistol weight required to be 1400g.
Thet get that table wrong / confusing every time there is a rule book change. The pistol weight is a maximum and the trigger weight is a minimum.