K22 vs 84E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
zoned

K22 vs 84E

Post by zoned »

What is it about the Pardini K22 that apparently makes it less popular than the Morini?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

It boils down to the same thing but it is probably more accurate to ask why the 84E is more popular than the K22.

From people I have spoken to, the 3 main reasons are trigger, trigger and trigger (in that order).

The Morini electronic triggers, in both the Free and Air pistols, are superb.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

The pardini also looks 'odd' and that certainly puts some people off. I have the K22 (UK long arm version) and the trigger is nice and crisp but the mechanics behind it mean that it certainly requires more force than the electronic trigger of the morini. I too would have opted for the morini but the electronics in the grip prohibit the modifications I need to be able to actually shoot it.

Rob.
stratego

Post by stratego »

I've tried both and without any doubts I've bought the Morini CM84E.

In short:
- Morini has a better balance, better trigger, better follow trough feeling and of course a better grip.

- Pardini is less expensive and you don't have to care about the trigger batteries.

Greetings,
Stratego
Jimmy B.

Post by Jimmy B. »

The Morini is a beauty, no doubt about it. Superb trigger, sights, accuracy and grips, not to mention craftsmanship.
My only gripe is that weirdo battery. Too bad they couldn't find a way to use a common 9 volt. (Yeah, I know about that optic beam.) Does anybody know if Morini has any plans to update the electronics like they did with the air pistol? I'm the sure a AAA battery wouldn't be the specific solution, but it seems the company recognizes the benefit of a more common battery in order to have implemented that change.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

We are working on change the battery from 15V to the standard 1.5V. The problem is the beam light that use a lot of energy. I hope we are going to find a solution soon.
Jimmy B.

Post by Jimmy B. »

That will be great news! I know you'll have at least one new customer! I wish you much success in your endeavor.
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

Fransesco

a quick search of the semiconductor industry (my day job) reveals a straightforward way to get from 2xAAA to 15V. It is not the most effecient solution, but might be easiest to implement.

Contact me if I can be of help.

Bill Poole
Bill @ Poole . com
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

For me it was a one horse race. Trigger, balance, build quality and service. The CM84E also has more adjustment to fit the gun to the shooter. Both, I am sure clamped to the vice would yield possible results with decent ammunition batched to the barrel, but that as we know is not the competition.

That’s only one opinion, the view that surely counts the most is you own and for a major purchase, I would test fire the two before making a decision. I hope you have fun testing!

Yes, the batteries are a bit of a pain but the whole units for both air and free are very reliable and battle proven. The modular assembly is also a bonus for component swap out. Unlike other manufacturers who have attempted pistol electronic triggers and from evidence we have seen in the whole failed, that is a massive plus.
Jimmy B.

Post by Jimmy B. »

Let me put a different twist to this thread. Is there anyone using a Pardini Nygord master version of the SP AND the Pardini K22 free pistol? I love the feel of the Pardini Nygord SP and have played with it on the 50ft. free pistol course, and have been pleased with the results. I'm curious how the K22 would compare, but don't know anyone who has one, let alone both the SP and the K22.