LP50 Grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Frank

LP50 Grip

Post by Frank »

Hello Guys,

Just got my Steyr LP50 today, I am not really liking the grip, Its a medeum size and my hand almost doesnt fit in it and the angle seams wrong.

Any Ideas ? I know I could try a bigger size but I dont think I like the grip itself. It just doesn't feel right. Are the any other better fitting grips out there?

Thanks for the help
Frank
Tom Bowen

Post by Tom Bowen »

I know what you mean, I dont the like the stock grips that came on my LP1 either.

Without getting into custom grips you have 2 choices that I'm aware of.

The Nill Grips which can be found at www.nill-griffe.com I believe they retail for about $195.

Or the Rink grips, www.formgriffe.de they are $175.

Good luck with your search.
Fred Mannis

Grips for LP50.

Post by Fred Mannis »

Neal Johnson, www.nealjguns.com, carries Vitarbo grips for the Steyr. These grips are made for your hand and cost $96.

I purchased my LP50 from Pilkington and got the Steyr FP grips. They fit very nicely.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

If the angle is wrong then remove the grip and adjust the grub screws. I have done this to both my LP5 and LP10, and there is quite a lot of adjustment available - in all directions. It also sounds like perhaps you would have been better getting the large grip.

Other alternatives are modifying the grip yourself or getting someone experienced in the art to do it for you. Or of course you could get a new / custom grip made.

Rob.
Frank

Thanks for the help I wish

Post by Frank »

see them and feel them I hate to end up with 200-400 dollars worth of grips that dont feel good.

I did try the adjustment it did help some the main problem is my big hands. I need at least a large grip.

Thanks for all the options
Frank