What is the preference of the IZH-46M...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mjfa

What is the preference of the IZH-46M...

Post by mjfa »

... in terms of pellet head size, does it groups better with the larger sizes (4.50, 4.51 mm) or the smaller sizes (4.49, 4.48 mm)? What about pellet brands and weights? I understand that a particular experience is not necessarily definitive for all the IZH-46M pistols nor all pellet batches, but would be a starting point for experimenting on my own. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Nano

pellets for izh46M

Post by Nano »

MJFA:

I have used alone two brands, hyn high speed in 4.49 with excellent result and jsb light ( green label), also with excellent results.
these last ones are a lot cheap. you can find in Center Shot Sports.

Your pistol is great!.

Nano
Lonnie

IZH-46M Pellet preference...

Post by Lonnie »

I remember seeing a post on the old Target Talk, complete with pictures and tables on someone elses testing with the Izzy and various makes/sizes of pellets. The general impression I was left with after that read was that IZH-46 and 46M's have EXCELLENT bores and that ANY pellet, if consistent, will produce one hole groups at 10 meters. The smallest one hole groups were the .450 match grade stuff. The original author was surprised to see little accuracy difference between the ultra expensive match and regular match/target grade stuff. Even cheapie Daisy and Crossman practice pellets gave good performances and one hole groups.

My personal experience with my Izzy 46M has me shoot Walther Finale Match H&N Pistol Pellets (4.50) for best effect. The cheapie Daisy's I use in practice shoot OK but have a different point of impact than the Finale's. I'm told that this is normal. Just click it.

Post by Guest »

I was wondering the same thing for my 46M. The combinations are staggering: brand, label, diameter, and weight. Currently I'm playing with the RWS labels at 4.50. As a beginner, I've come to the profound conclusion that any difference in performance is more than offset by my finely honed ability to lose concentration on the front sight. I have a hunch the best performance for my 46M and me comes from the R-10 heavy, interestingly enough the one with the smallest skirt diameter.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

For what it's worth a friend of mine shoots a 46M and has found that it likes 4.48 pellets. I forget which brand he shoots, but he found the smaller pellets work well, and that his gun doesn't have enough "poop" to shooter tighter pellets. 4.51's tore up targets like crazy so he couldn't even tell what kind of group they produced.

There's no doubt the Izzy represents fantastic value in an air pistol!
DavidO.

Pellet choice for IZH-46M

Post by DavidO. »

I shot numerous pellets, but two experienced 10m shooters told me, always shoot the best, one: you will usually end up using the best for competition and the other for example the R10 leave the minimum lead residue in your barrels and provide the best results in the highest category air pisotls. It only makes sense to spend a few extra dollars to fire the best for an expensive precision weapon. Just my opinion..

Re: Pellet choice for IZH-46M

Post by Guest »

Shoot what groups best David regardless of price in your precision AIR GUN! When an air gun is a "weapon" we are all in trouble ;~) When we quit using the lefts negative terms we will be better off.
DavidO. wrote:I shot numerous pellets, but two experienced 10m shooters told me, always shoot the best, one: you will usually end up using the best for competition and the other for example the R10 leave the minimum lead residue in your barrels and provide the best results in the highest category air pisotls. It only makes sense to spend a few extra dollars to fire the best for an expensive precision weapon. Just my opinion..