Steyr LP10 silver or LP50

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Frank

Steyr LP10 silver or LP50

Post by Frank »

Hi all,
I just cant seem to make up my mind.

I would like some opions on the two? Are there any differances between them besides the 5 shot on the LP50? I won't be doing any serious competition shooting with them at this time. I just want a target pistol and really like the Steyr brand, I have LG100 now.

Thanks
Frank

Post by Guest »

from what I've dicovered, the LP 10 is more accurate than the LP50, something to do with the magazine.Probably not enough to notice.I bet human error plays a bigger part.

Steyr availability

Post by Guest »

If your'e wanting it soon, you may want to go with the LP10 as Pilkington's have no LP50s' and are waiting for a shipment from Steyr. I don't think either one would be a bad choice.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

It depends what you want to use the gun for.

If you just want to shoot the slow fire matches then go for the LP10, its trigger is far superior to the LP50.

If you want to shoot matches that need a multi-shot pistol then you must go for the LP50. You will still be able to shoot the slow fire matches, single loading the magazine for ISSF matches, but you won't have a top class trigger.
Anders Turebrand

Post by Anders Turebrand »

For slow fire matches with the LP50, you should get the single shot magazine, makes things a lot easier.

I switched from a morini 162EI to a steyr LP5 about a year ago, I had to have an air pistol for rapid fire pistol practice.

Coming from the morini trigger, I couldn´t stand the creepy LP5 trigger for slow fire,
it would sometimes make two distinct "jumps" before firing.

Rather than getting used to this, I polished the sear surfaces, increased the engagement and fitted a ball detent screw to give a crisp release, somewhat like the pardini SP and HP.

This works pretty well, but I can´t adjust the first stage weight below approximatly 400 grams, or the sear won´t reset properly if I abort a shot, probably a geometry problem...

Accuracy with the LP5 is in my experience very good, although I have seen one that was troublesome, very picky about ammunition...

/Anders
Frank

I think I am leaning towards tghe LP10

Post by Frank »

Thank's for all your help Guy's

Frank