Benelli MP95E thoughts

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Verbal

Benelli MP95E thoughts

Post by Verbal »

Hi,

Yes I am back asking for opinions on yet another pistol. As some of you may have guessed ISSF style shooting is not very popular where I live, and at my current club, and so I have to turn to this forum for advice, which is always greatly appreciated.

I had always written off the benelli MP95E as being an expensive pistol, and hence overlooked it when pistols such as the pardini offer much more, at what I though were comparitable prices. What I recently found out is that this is not true, and the benelli is nearly half the price....well within my price range at least, and seems to fill that void between cheap plinkers, and ISSF pistols in terms of pricing. The fact that it is build upon the MP90S is a huge plus, and the fact that I can upgrage the gun with a better trigger, grips and barrel as I progress is just great.

So I guess my question is as usual, has anyone used this gun? What are their feelings and thoughts on it. I can't find many personal reviews about it on the web, and I have noticed that it has one of the smaler barrel lengths out of most ISSF style 0.22s.

Thanks again.
rwpowell

Benelli MP95E thou

Post by rwpowell »

I bought an MP95E back in about 1995 for £485 in the UK and hated the plastic trigger box, I then spent £190 upgrading it for the one from the MP90S, standard grip was an ambidextrous one so what appears to be cheaper at first is not in the long term. I have found the gun reliable, with a big open breech and it is all Steel, and sits very low in the hand, only get a couple of times to use it these days in Switzerland.