Morini 3D grip or Rink Grip?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nano

Morini 3D grip or Rink Grip?

Post by Nano »

Hello:

I have the opportunity to change the grips of my air pistol (FWB P34), I want to know which are better grips, if the morini 3D or the rink grips.
If somebody has experience in this grips change, I appreciate a lot your opinion.

thank you,

Nano
David Levene

Re: Morini 3D grip or Rink Grip?

Post by David Levene »

Nano wrote:I have the opportunity to change the grips of my air pistol (FWB P34), I want to know which are better grips, if the morini 3D or the rink grips.
If somebody has experience in this grips change, I appreciate a lot your opinion.
The grips that are the best for you may not be the best for anyone else. Which ones feel best to you.
Nano

morini or rink grip

Post by Nano »

David:
in my country (Bolivia) I have never seen a rink grip, alone in magazines or in the web, there is not a specialized store where to see one.
Morini is well-known, but a model 3D grip neither are known.
I have to choose and to buy without looking,
I would appreciate a lot if somebody can give an opinion in this respect.

Thank you,

Nano

Post by Guest »

Hello.

I must say all my ISSF pistols have Morini grips. They are excellent as they don't tend to stress either your hand or your wrist, beeing usually better than the ones comming from the factory. However despite matching the correct size for my hand all of them needed slight improvements like filling the inner surface with some wood paste. In fact when it comes to a Morini grip it is of most importance to choose the correct grip size or you will spend some time working on it. Im my opinion and regarding to FWB's AP's I don't find the Morini grips much different from the factory ones.

Rink grips seem to be newer on the market. The only ones I've tried were made for the Walther GSP and I found them quite good.
However the interesting part about Rink is the wider grip parameters, offering apart from size and side a choice on form, angle and volume.

About the prices Rink seems to be less expensive then Morini, yet not enough to justify a choice based on it. Still you can also look for a Nill grip.

So my advice is to try to find both and decide based on wich one you handle better. The better you handle it new the less you will have to change it in case of need.

Best regards from Portugal,
stratego
David Levene

Re: morini or rink grip

Post by David Levene »

Nano wrote:in my country (Bolivia) I have never seen a rink grip, alone in magazines or in the web, there is not a specialized store where to see one.
My apologies, I tend to forget that some countries have less choice of such things than we have in the UK (although our choice is not particularly brilliant).

Good luck with your quest.
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

Several grip companies produce excellent grips of beutiful manufacture, however, personal fitting is often required. I hate to mess up a new grip but i must admit my Morini airpistol is doing much better since i altered it. Maybe altering your factory grip or getting a used grip to alter would be an option? Pretty is as pretty does.