Congratulations to David Blankenship, new S1 record

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

David Blankeship fired 517 in a 50 foot free pistol PTO on January 31st in Austin, Texas to set a new national record in the S1 category
Misny

Post by Misny »

Please excuse my ignorance, but I only have competed in NRA free and air pistol. What is the S1 category?
Marilyn
Location: With a big yellow dog on a hill near the Continental Divide

Post by Marilyn »

Congratulations not only to David for the good shooting, but also to the match organizers for being able to get at least 10 shooters at the Free Pistol match in order to submit the record! Great Job!
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Misny wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, but I only have competed in NRA free and air pistol. What is the S1 category?
S1 is Senior 1; it's for old shooters:-)

you whippersnapper, you!

Post by Guest »

Hey hey hey - you say that like its for old ancient shooters! Isn't S1 for just barely young-uns around age 45 or 50? Or is that S2?
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

How old is "veteran"?
Thanks!
JLK
Don

Veterans/older shooters

Post by Don »

I thought I would remind you all again of the World Masters Games that are coming up in June/July of 2005 in Edmonton, Alberta. The shooting events are for anyone 30 or older and there is a full schedule of events. For more info, check out their web site for details: www.2005worldmastes.com I have competed in 3 already, and am looking forward to being in Canada next summer, then it is on to Sydney, Australia in 2009 for the next one, God willing and the creek don't rise. These WMG are fun and you don't have to qualify to compete. Just enter, show up, shoot and have fun with the other activities that are planned. All of the sports are broken down into various age groups and you compete with people in your age area and sometimes by classes within that age group. Anyway, check out their site for more details. Hope to see some of you up there.
mister G

Post by mister G »

the link is worldmasters.com
Blankenship

Thanks

Post by Blankenship »

The ROTC folks at the University of Texas graciously allow us to shoot monthly PTO matches there, with Phil Winnsborough as match director. We get fair attendance because you get to shoot all pistol events, except centerfire. Fortunately we had twelve free pistol shooters that day, but would it be any less of a feat if only six were there? I don't understand the logic behind ten competitors being any kind of magic threshold... I beat that score this weekend with a 522 and also shot a 544 in standard pistol, beating the previous record by eleven points.

More importantly, eight weeks ago I had exploratory surgery on my shooting hand to correct improperly healed tendon and ligament injuries that knocked me out of competition from the end of February until this weekend, so I'm more excited about regaining my ability to continue competing in something I enjoy, than I am about setting any senior records. I've got my hobby back!

Sincerely,

David Blankenship
really old guest

Post by really old guest »

The question is still on the table: what are the age brackets for S1, S2, and V? (or where can I find the info?) Thanks.
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

I had asked the same question so I contacted USAS.
They very kindly replied with the following:
J3= 14 & under
J2= 15-17
J1= 18-20
S1= 45-54
S2= 55-64
Veteran= 65 & older
Let's hope we all get to compete as Veteran some day!
JLK
really old guest

Post by really old guest »

Life is good: S2, senior meals at Denny's, AARP insurance.
Thanks for the info!