LP-10 using Rink Grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
K Strout

LP-10 using Rink Grip

Post by K Strout »

Does anyone have experience with using the LP-10 with a Rink grip?

How does it compare to the Morini grip shipped with the LP-10?

Regards
K Strout
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

I suspect you'll find many shooters on this board hold a similar opinion... The Morini grip is a pretty good grip. But it's still a factory-made grip and therefore is not perfectly suited to the hand of any individual shooter. The same is to be said for the Rink grips, irrespective of which pistol they're mounted on. Both are very good grips, but both will require some modification in order to provide perfect fit in your hand.

That having been said, my very limited exposure to grips other than Morini has revealed Vitarbo's to be a very "full" grip (ie large in diameter). The Rink grips seem to be a little less full, while the Morini's seem to be the skinniest. The exception to this rule seems to be Morini grips made for their CM162 and CM84 pistols which seem to be very fat in the dimension perpendicular to the boreline. I've had to remove huge amounts of material on both my 162 and 84 in order to get them to fit. I suspect this is a philosophical choice made by Morini in order to provide sufficient machineability of the grip to compensate for the fact that these pistol designs do not have grip angle adjustments built-in.
Mack

Post by Mack »

I have a Rink grip on my LP10 and I love it. It fits my hand better than the Morini grip. The longer piece of the grip that comes over you thumb (well better than calling it the thingymajobber) really locks my hand in place. Once I take the grip I can't shift my hand at all.