Pardini SP .22lr problem... I need your help

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Albert

Pardini SP .22lr problem... I need your help

Post by Albert »

My Pardini SP keeps jamming. Between the 3rd and 4th shot it stove-pipes on a regular basis. I have tried multiple ammo and still have the same problem. What could be wrong?
Jim B.

Post by Jim B. »

Assuming the pistol is clean and that this is a recent problem, it may be magazine related. If it's always a specifc shot or shots in a 5 shot string, even more reason to suspect the magazine first. Since the barrel is not ramped, the condition of the mag lips, mag ramp and ejector tab on the top of the magazine is critical. Don Nygord said there was a batch of magazines a year ago which were of softer steel than specification. They gave some reliability problems. Don should be able to provide more detailed assistance.
ignatz

Post by ignatz »

RWS target is the best ammo in my SP for reliability. I must load every magizine carefully to make sure all the bullets are not binding and the first bullets are pointing slightly up towards the barrel chamber. I also swab out the magizines with a Q-tip with light oil on it. I rarely disassemble my SP barrel assy. , but I lightly clean the chamber with a Q-tip and clean the bolt face and chamber area with a Q-tip. My SP,HP and GP are all early production models...Rob
David M

Post by David M »

Check the overall bullet length. feed problems on later shots from the magazine can be caused by rounds not lifting in the magazine all the way up to feed.
Check the magazine follower and spring for freedom of movement, clean and lubricate.
Check the bullet lube (sometimes over lubed ammo has a wax build up on the nose and it sticks).
Check the magazine lips for correct shape.
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

I'm confused - as usual.

I think Albert said his malfunctions are caused by stovepiping - not failures to feed. I'm no gunsmith, but doesnt stovepiping suggest extraction and ejection issues rather than magazine related problems??

Albert, I would also check your extractor and ejector and make sure they are clean and not worn. My SP-22 will only feed RWS and Wolf ammo reliably.

If you cant remedy the problem, contact Don Nygord who undoubtedly will have some useful suggestions.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

A friend of mine has a Pardini, which had every conceivable feeding/extracting malfunction, but only since this summer. Turned out to be the extractor claw. Changed the thing, now the gun is back in form.
Tom

Check the recoil spring

Post by Tom »

Hi,

A few years ago my early SPE started having all sorts of feding and ejecting issues. Seemed like every string the 3rd or 4th round would either not feed or not eject. I also noticed that the fired cases were quite sooty. I talked to Don, he asked me when the last time I changed the recoil spring. I of course hadn't changed it since new. At that time, the SPE had about 30K rounds through it. He shipped me 2 springs. I put one in and instant reliability. I now change the springs every year.

I suspect that the bolt velocity is criticle to the Pardini and the recoil spring in these shortens by almost half an inch when it has reached it's replacement time.