Choice of airgun

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Axel

Choice of airgun

Post by Axel »

Hi all,

I'm going to take up airgun again after a long long break. I only have experience with spring loaded feinwerkbaus.

What airgun would you recomend? I'm looking at Steyr LP-10 and LP-2. The Athens olympic gold was won with a LP-1? Perhaps someone have tried the new FWB P-40 ?

Comments anyone?

/Axel
ignatz

Post by ignatz »

I bought my LP-1 co2 somewhere in the mid 90's from a shooter who literally would buy an air pistol and the accessories that came with it, shoot it for a couple months and then sell it and buy another. Styer,Hammerli,Walther and maybe something else until he came back to another Styer like he sold me. Get what ever floats your boat, and if your not happy with it sell it and get something else. Just get it from someone who can service it if a problem arrises.
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

Well wrap your hand around every one you can find and buy the one that feels best.

But in watching the posts everytime this question comes up, and from my own experience choosing one last year....

Compressed air is the ONLY way to go.

Morini and Steyr are the most popular

If your shooting eye is not the same side as your shooting hand, the steyr offers more adjustability in the grip to accomodate that.

The Morini electronic trigger is highly thought of by many and makes dry firing very enjoyable.

Good shooting

Poole
Milcek

CO2 or Air

Post by Milcek »

Bill and all others who uses air: Why do you thing that air is the ONLY way to go? When it makes the pellets the same velocity as CO and the pistols are the same accurate... and the temperature doesn´t make difference in a quite big range. And CO is easy to use, operating with low pressure and the gun is much simpler (and cheaper)... ???
Ian

CO2 or Air

Post by Ian »

CO2 and CA are good.

The only thing that I have found with respects to shootimg a CO2 gun is that you need to keep the cylinders at a consistant cooler temperature. But if there is a change in temperature and they get warm, the number of shot per cylinder declines substantially.

Also to get the greatest number of shot per fill you need to put the cylinder in the refrigurator to get them cold enough to accept the maximum amount of CO2

Other than that CO2 guns work pretty well.

As always, keep'em all in the 10 ring,
Ian