WALTHER SSP:THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SOISINOID SALAKUOST

WALTHER SSP:THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!

Post by SOISINOID SALAKUOST »

WALTHER IS GETTING READY TO RELEASE THE STANDARD SPORT PISTOL (SSP). A PISTOL SO ADVANCED THAT IT WILL MAKE ALL OTHER 25M PISTOLS OBSOLETE.
trinity

Re: WALTHER SSP:THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!

Post by trinity »

SOISINOID SALAKUOST wrote:WALTHER IS GETTING READY TO RELEASE THE STANDARD SPORT PISTOL (SSP). A PISTOL SO ADVANCED THAT IT WILL MAKE ALL OTHER 25M PISTOLS OBSOLETE.
Is this for real? Wait, today isn't April 1st. More info please.
SOISINOID SALAKUOST

YES THIS IS FOR REAL!NO IT IS NOT APRIL FOOLSDAY.FOR MORE INFO ASK A SPECIFIC QUESTION AND STAY TUNED.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

I will not allow unsubstantiated rumours on this forum. Yes, we are all privy to secret upcoming inforamtion at times, but its secret till the Factory wants it to be public. If you have something factual to report with appropiate documentation, then please post it. Otherwise, keep the rumours/secrets to yourself.

Scott Pilkington
SOISINOID SALAKUOST

NO RUMOURS.NO WRITTEN DOCUMENTATION AVAILABLE BECAUSE THE MANUFACTURER DOES NOT WISH FOR IT TO BE PUBLIC YET.YOU CAN HOWEVER VERIFY MY STATEMENTS.ASK ANY MEMBER OF THE USA SHOOTING TEAM TO VISIT THE WALTHER GUNSMITH STAND AT THE MARKOPOULO OLYMPIC SHOOTING VENUE.A SINGLE PICTURE IS AVAILABLE AND AND A LOT OF ORAL INFORMATION.REMEMBER YOU HEARD IT FROM ME FIRST.FOR MORE INFO ASK A SPECIFIC QUESTION.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

FOR MORE INFO ASK A SPECIFIC QUESTION.
Umm, how about "do you know where your Caps Lock key is?" :p
tseuG

Post by tseuG »

Now, now. Be nice to the Assistant Professor. Probably goes along with spelling his name backwards.

Post by Guest »

okay, I'll play along...

Can you please share this single picture of the new Walther with all of us?

Thanks in advance for squelching the rumors.
phil

New Walther SSP

Post by phil »

A picture of the sport pistol event on the Athen2004 web site is showing Mrs. Dorjsuren (Walther official shooter) using a pistol I never see before.

http://www.athens2004.com/en/ShootingGa ... =2&lang=en

See the last line left picture.
XXXX9

new Walther

Post by XXXX9 »

There has been a rumor about a GSP replacement for some time now (coming from a Walther distributor), but until now there has been nothing official. Not unlikely that something shows up during or after the Olympics.
GOVTMODEL

Re: New Walther SSP

Post by GOVTMODEL »

phil wrote:A picture of the sport pistol event on the Athen2004 web site is showing Mrs. Dorjsuren (Walther official shooter) using a pistol I never see before.

http://www.athens2004.com/en/ShootingGa ... =2&lang=en

See the last line left picture.
Expanded it looks like a GSP with a barrel weight.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Maybe it's the natural cynic in me but how many times have we heard this kind of hype ? Lets wait until this revolutionary gun makes it; a) into the real world and b) gets used in anger. Then I might be a little bit curious.

Oh and you'll find the 'Caps Lock' key on the left hand side of the keyboard, it's polite not to shout.

Rob
Evia

We can expect new SP's

Post by Evia »

Dear Friends:

As we discussed previously in this very same forum, beacause of the changes in the rapid fire rules, I think that we can expect the introduction of new Standard Pistols from all the major manufacturers. In the case of Carl Walther, their GSP is a 30 years old design or so. If we have seen production improvements at the Walther production line such as the P22 and the P99, we can bet on that they are currently developing a new sport pistol, for sure.

Well, let's se what happens.
Albert

New walther pistol?

Post by Albert »

Hi boys and girls,
Here in the Netherlands I follow the broadcasting of the German television. Fortunately I have the Athens Finals 25m Rapid fire on video. I will check it out. Who knows ...
Albert
(The Netherlands)
Albert

New walther pistol?

Post by Albert »

Hi boys and girls,
Here in the Netherlands I follow the broadcasting of the German television. Fortunately I have the Athens Finals 25m Rapid fire on video. I will check it out. Who knows ...
Albert
(The Netherlands)
Soisinoid Salakuost

Walther SSP -to ROBSTUBBS

Post by Soisinoid Salakuost »

Excuse my capitals.I did'nt want to be impolite but i did want to shout to express my enthusiasm.I agree that we should wait until it reaches the mass production line and tested in training and competition but on paper it has everything most of us expect from a top range 25m pistol and more.If Walther delivers and backs it up with quality and reliability then the SSP will be playing in a league of its own.
Soisinoid Salakuost

Walther SSP-to GUEST

By a single picture I don't mean one picture available in several copies I mean just one. Walther is using it to inform the world's top pistol shooters about the SSP available in 2005 no later than the Munich World Cup.Still no questions about the SSP?
Soisinoid Salakuost

Walther SSP-to PILKGUNS

You have acused me of spreading unsubstantiated rumours.I have disclosed my source and a simple way to verify the validity of my statements.Why the silence on your behalf?Am I to believe that you are'nt on speaking terms with any member of the USA shooting team?Any member of any shooting team in the world present in Athens with access to the Olympic shooting venues gunsmith services will do.If it helps the gunsmith service area is in the main building,level 1 the same level as equipment control right next to the armoury.
David Levene

Re: Walther SSP-to GUEST

Post by David Levene »

Soisinoid Salakuost wrote:Still no questions about the SSP?
OK then, from just looking at a single picture what makes you think that it will be any better than the current batch of top pistols.
GOVTMODEL

Re: Walther SSP-to PILKGUNS

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Soisinoid Salakuost wrote:You have acused me of spreading unsubstantiated rumours.I have disclosed my source and a simple way to verify the validity of my statements.Why the silence on your behalf?Am I to believe that you are'nt on speaking terms with any member of the USA shooting team?Any member of any shooting team in the world present in Athens with access to the Olympic shooting venues gunsmith services will do.If it helps the gunsmith service area is in the main building,level 1 the same level as equipment control right next to the armoury.
They're all over there right now, and I'm in Rhode Island, so it's tough to ask any of them.

When they return, I'll do just that.