IZH 46M Sight adjustment -POI change per click/s

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
joecon

Post by joecon »

Could anyone share their knowledge on IZH 46M sight adjustment, what is the number of clicks required to move the point of impact one scoring circle ( inwards :-) ) at 10m ?
Is it the same for windage & elevation?
I've tried to work this out, but the few rested groups I have fired are worse than those from unrested standing position.
Joe
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Why don't you try firing a group of 10 shots normally, move the elevation screw by 20 clicks, fire another group of 10 shots and see what effect it has had.

Then do the same with the windage.

You should then be able to work out approximately how many clicks move the sights one ring, and in which direction. Write it down in a brief format, with sketches, that you will be able to understand in 6 months time and put it with the gun.

Then you could try looking at our host's 10P file for the IZH46 which mentions "at least 3 clicks to the scoring ring".
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

David Levene wrote:10P file for the IZH46 which mentions "at least 3 clicks to the scoring ring".
I confirm 3 click each scoring ring.
Is impossibile group izzy rested, you never can replace it at the same identicall point. Do not take too much care of millimetrical adjustment, take care only to center horizontal and vertical into 10's area.
Bye.
LukeP.
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

More on the subject of sighting in: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
spacepilot

Just a heads up

Post by spacepilot »

I haven't seen this mentioned on the forum. Maybe more experienced shooters are quicker to find that out, but it took me a while to notice. So hopefully it will be of help for some new shooters using IZH46: the screw that secures the rear sight assembly could be loose (part 36 in this exploded view). I just noticed mine was loose yesterday, and the sight assembly was seesawing around the crew. Maybe that explains the fact that several clicks in the elevation knob moved my point of impact from top of the bull to the bottom.
motorcycle_dan

Post by motorcycle_dan »

I'm changing between sub-6 hold to center of target. 20 clicks moved about 1.5" or roughly 2mm/click
Gwhite

Re: IZH 46M Sight adjustment -POI change per click/s

Post by Gwhite »

According to my sight adjustment chart: viewtopic.php?p=222635#p222635, the IZH is actually 2.6 mm per click. The scoring rings are 8 mm apart, so 3 clicks per ring is plenty close for minor tweaks. If you are making really large adjustments, (like 20 clicks) you may want to use the 2.6 mm number. Using 3 clicks per ring, you'd be off by one full ring.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Moderator edit- removed explicit language following complaints from other users.

Shoot a 20 or 30 shot target. (This could be your match sighter.) Take a guess how far off center you are and correct at 4 clicks per ring. I don't care that you think I'm screwing you up, just do it.

Now do it all over again. Proceed with your whining and do it again.

Do it again forever! Easy peasy!
UnGe

Post by UnGe »

It is so nice to post in 2007 and get a bunch of answers in 2024!
Rover

Post by Rover »

I find it amusing as well. Usually they pop up as "junk ad" or scam.