Rieder und Lenz Z2

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

larry

Rieder und Lenz Z2

Post by larry »

Anyone here is using them?

I think that Debevec used it for a while.

It would be interesting to see how they perform vs Bleiker and G&E.
maltesers99

Re: Rieder und Lenz Z2

Post by maltesers99 »

I don't use one, but can tell you that they are run by ex-Tanner or Grunig employees (don't remember which).

Apart from Debevec, I think there was only one other person on the big ISSF scene who used these and this was a while ago.

They have the same general bedding profile/screw layout as Grunig and Bleiker (and Anschutz 2013) with a similar bolt/trigger/loading position.

The action bodies on all three come apart: rear body, front body, and dovetail rail. Newer Grunig R3s have a one-piece front body, but older ones have another separate sleeve at the front.

Grunigs and Bleikers have front-locking lugs whereas the R&L is rear/mid-locking like an Anschutz and KK500. This also means that Grunigs and Bleikers can have fully cylindrical boltheads, but then they need doohickeys for the loading tray and ejector. R&L (like Anschutz and Walther) have boltheads that align with a fixed loading tray. R&L uses an Anschutz 5018 trigger.

Unless the price is significantly cheaper, I would lean towards Grunig, Bleiker, or Walther. Like Tanners, there is a very limited market for R&Ls and if not for lack of financial ability to sponsor more people, I'm sure there is a reason why Debevec stopped using them.