FWB P8X vs Morini CM 200EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
crsuribe

FWB P8X vs Morini CM 200EI

Post by crsuribe »

Interested in your opinions on these two great pistols... I used to shoot an FWB Co2 gun as a junior shooter before I moved to the U.S. and have been focused on practical shooting (USPSA) since I came here but I have an itch to get back to my roots and have been looking at modern PCP pistols like the FWB P8X and Morini CM 200EI

People seem to love the P8X but the Morini CM 200EI looks amazing as well. Having zero experience with either one, I'd love to get some feedback!

The price difference doesn't mean much to me, fortunately.
Gwhite

Re: FWB P8X vs Morini CM 200EI

Post by Gwhite »

One thing to factor in is where to get them serviced. Pardini USA provides service for their pistols, but I know some people have had issues with them. Our host used to sell & service Morini, but their service operation is in a bit of turmoil, and they currently only service Steyrs. The place they recommend for other competition air guns is:

https://peakperformanceshooting.com/

They list Pardini, but not Morini. If you look on Morini's web site, they list Champion's Choice and Pyramid Air as dealers, but I doubt that CC does repairs. Pyramid Air might. It might be worth asking both where to get Morini's serviced.
Rover

Post by Rover »

CC used to work on Walthers and probably others. I don't know about lately, though.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

The Feinwerkbau P8X has grip adjustments not available on almost any other air pistol, including the Morini CM 200. For folks dealing with "tennis elbow," or sighting issues while shooting air pistol, this can be fantastic.

Try them both, test them both, and see what works for you. And, no, the most expensive air pistol is not always the best air pistol.

Each individual should decide what is best for them, based on their experience with the pistol- not another's opinion. Try as many as you can. Be aware, what works for you now may change over time.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

I have a P8X and a Steyr E10-M.

I like that they both have a grip that adjusts on all axis to the barrel. Much more easy than rasp and putty.

I like the mechanical triggers. I have yet to see one fail in competition.

I don't shoot one better than the other.
crsuribe

Post by crsuribe »

I ended up buying the P8X. I just love FWB since I shot a Model 2 as a kid and the P8X has every feature I'm looking for. Thank you all for your input!!
dwandersen

Post by dwandersen »

I had the FWB, Steyr and Morini. I ended up liking the trigger on the CM best so i sold the others. My scores with the CM were only a couple points better but the trigger feel made the difference for me.
Arcturus

Post by Arcturus »

I would say that it is only in mind. With proper training and rightly adjusted grip you will get good results with any of these pistols. I would take the pistol with better support in your country.