Walther blue angel or Steyr Evo?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Isi

Walther blue angel or Steyr Evo?

Post by Isi »

Hey guys..im a new shooter in olympic pistol sport and i would like your valuable info…. Im in between to buy either the walther blue angel or the Steyr Evo pistol…. Walther is a bit cheaper….could you please give me feedback on pros and cons on these 2? Thank you in advance….

P.s. this is my first post in this forum….please forgive my ignorance on the matter….
m1963

Re: Walther blue angel or Steyr Evo?

Post by m1963 »

Hello! Welcome!

Truly, either pistol will be more accurate than you are. Only you can decide which suits you best. We are currently pointing new shooters toward the Hammerli AP20. You may be interested in it, as well. Both because it is a great pistol, and it can be had at a low price; when compared to either the Walther or Steyr evo10. The AP20's are also going up in value (like everything). If you decide to sell it later, you will probably get close to what you paid for it- as money back. I like the answer that another gave to a similar question, some time ago:

9544D540-F250-4842-B02B-88ED299AE191.jpeg
Best regards,
m1963

These two Hammerli Ap20 air pistols belong to my grandsons. One is in High School, and the other in Middle School. The grips fit them and can be adjusted to fit my adult sized hands, as well.

761172F6-01A6-4783-BCFA-19697155C365.jpeg
nmondal

Walther all the way

Post by nmondal »

I can safely now... say this.
Everyone in my range shoots Steyr. Almost everyone. 2/3 shoots Morini.
Each of them had a go at my Walther LP 500 Basic.
And they loved the trigger. Loved it. Loved the mechanism.
10 M Air pistol : Walther LP 500 Basic | Earlier Hammerli AP 20 Pro.
Newbie shooting questions : http://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63530
Isi

Post by Isi »

So guys..thank you already for both answers but still im trying to understand if going walther will make any difference at all in comparison with other gun series…. I mean i would really like to know if there are any differences or similarities… thank you
Rover

Post by Rover »

Isi wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:07 am So guys..thank you already for both answers but still im trying to understand if going walther will make any difference at all in comparison with other gun series…. I mean i would really like to know if there are any differences or similarities… thank you
Naah.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

I would more concerned about which brand has a service center in my region that is known for quality work, and actually stocks spares. In the USA, Steyr hands down.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Do you particularly large or small hands? That may be something to consider when deciding on an air pistol. For example, I have short, stubby fingers, it can be an uncomfortably long reach to the trigger on some guns; some guns will work if I remove a lot of wood from the rear of the grip. Have you had a chance to hold each to confirm both feel comfortable?
Isi

Post by Isi »

sparky wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:54 am Do you particularly large or small hands? That may be something to consider when deciding on an air pistol. For example, I have short, stubby fingers, it can be an uncomfortably long reach to the trigger on some guns; some guns will work if I remove a lot of wood from the rear of the grip. Have you had a chance to hold each to confirm both feel comfortable?
Hi Sparky..i have long fingers…im 6,4 …actually i have tried medium size but feels small…so,i think the next logical step is to buy one with L GRIP…
Isi

Post by Isi »

Im from Greece so i think both Steyr and Walther are in Germany …right?
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Isi wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:14 am Im from Greece so i think both Steyr and Walther are in Germany …right?
Austria, and Germany. Do you have a local dealer that can reseal either brand? Seals can last 6 months or a dozen years.
kalwdios

Post by kalwdios »

Hello.

I'm also from Greece and i prefer STEYR.....far away !!!

Here two trusted stores for Olympic pistol:
https://buinger.com/
https://www.rb-shooting.com/gb/
https://www.euroshooting.eu/en/

Have a nice choice !
robjob

Post by robjob »

I bought a lp500 2 years ago, moved up from a pardini k10, which replaced a steyer lp10. The steyer loading gate has never been a favorite of mine, the walther is much smoother loading. The adjustability on the walther is impressive. I haven't kept up on the Evo as im not a fan of steyer in general. Good guns, just not for me.

Back to the walther. Great trigger, great adjustability, great mechanical accuracy... the only down side I've seen is the sights need an Allen wrench to adjust.

I tpyically shoot 560+ with a PR of 572. (with the lp500).

With either of these guns, it's more about asking do you want the fancy wood dash on your Ferrari or the carbon fiber dash. Your likely going to have to mail it somewhere for service in anycase, at least in the US anyway.

Btw, the AP20 is a very good gun as well. I've got 12 or so for my junior program. The. Cylinder can mount horizontal for when the kids get older and can handle a more forward ballance.
william

Post by william »

Why do you not include Morini and Pardini?
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

Greece ...
Buying is one thing, resealing is another.
If you want to buy locally Steyr,Walther,Pardini,Matchguns,Benelli have representatives that
sell the aitrpistols but i dont think any of them they have stock that you can go and see it before buying.
Morini i am not sure. I think some shops can order from gehmann but it will be the most expensive option.
Feinwerkbau once had representative but i am not sure now.
Now for support.
standard o-rings can be found in viton in specialized local shops.
Steyr is the easiest to work with, spare parts have reasonable costs , you can order them from europe and install them yourself.
For walther factory has good email support and spare parts can be found for recent models. a bit trickier for DIY. in general smaller parts than steyr.
there are a couple of people that can service your air pistol.
make sure you will use clean air to prevent dirt in regulators and valves.
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

this FB group belongs to a greek guy that offers support for feinwerkbau an walther

https://www.facebook.com/groups/290542484327212
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
Isi

Post by Isi »

Azmodan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:23 am this FB group belongs to a greek guy that offers support for feinwerkbau an walther

https://www.facebook.com/groups/290542484327212
The guy who runs this site is a friend of mine…super expert in weapons service and he is the one who guided me to a Walther…also my son has a riffle that has same parts…thats why i headed that way….i have ordered and waiting for the lp 500 blue angel… im anxious more than i was when i ordered my first car…. 😂😂😂