Styer grip attach?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
toddinjax

Styer grip attach?

Post by toddinjax »

I just took delivery of a LP2, took the grip off to adjust rake and I'll be damned if I can get the thing back on to the pistol (not happy). Is there a particular way things must be held for everything to line up? It's not exactly complicated and I feel like a dope even having to ask but, ....here I am having to ask.
Thanks.
brent375hh

Re: Styer grip attach?

Post by brent375hh »

Does the grip rod freely move down in the slot? Sometimes the wood shrinks and causes the L shaped sheet metal spacer to spring closed by a small amount when the rod is extracted.
Ramon OP

Post by Ramon OP »

I had the same issue with an LL grip for Steyr Evo. Everybody said it was easy... until they tried!

It was awful and made me not want to do any changes to it, plus it attached negativity to my relationship with the pistol. I had no issues with a rink grip.

I ended up talking with Steyr and they showed me how to do it: lay the grip on its side and wiggle the pistol in.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Here is the example of the problem I had. Does your grip strut rod easily clear the spacer plate? This one is rubbing, and prior to that would not go in. I had to lightly file it. It should drop in without interference.
Attachments
IMG_20220318_075107147.jpg
toddinjax

Post by toddinjax »

Thanks for all replies. I would be terribly embarrassed to admit how much time I spent trying to get this thing threaded into the pistol. I did a search and came across a post where someone mentioned (paraphrased) old grip/newer grip/different size bolt. I found a match for the threads but 5mm longer than what I had. Screwed right in on the first try.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

I missed the fact that you were changing grips. There are two sizes of grip rods, bolts, and grip depths.