Walther/Hammerli Air Pistols Gone From US Market?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
B Lafferty

Walther/Hammerli Air Pistols Gone From US Market?

Post by B Lafferty »

It appears that all of the usual online suppliers of Walther and Hammerli air pistols in the US are now out of stock and/or listing these products as "Special Order." Does anyone know what the real situation is with these products and availability in the US?
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
Dmaryakh

Re: Walther/Hammerli Air Pistols Gone From US Market?

Post by Dmaryakh »

What models are you looking specifically? SportShootingDepot.com has lp500 expert blue angel mechanical in stock now and other models also may be a available
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

Dmaryakh wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:15 pm What models are you looking specifically? SportShootingDepot.com has lp500 expert blue angel mechanical in stock now and other models also may be a available
I'm not looking to buy anything at present. I'm simply wondering if they're pulling out of the US market in general which will have a ripple effect as to parts and service, potentially.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Perhaps call/email the importer to see what they say? The last I knew Janet Raab was a representative of Walther Competition, in Arkansas.

Prices have risen at least 20%. The AP20 could be had for $719 this time last year. No one in the US has them in stock; and Krale wants $885.51 plus shipping, now. I would suspect that US retailers will be asking over $900, in the near future.
Grippy

Post by Grippy »

I wouldn't be surprised if that is just a combination of demand and troubled supply. Currently plenty of people in our club seems to have recently upgraded to a new model or have plans to do so soon. I guess because everyone is motivated after the limited activity of the last two years?

Just surveying dealers listing the stock online here in central Europe paints a similar picture of many current models from all manufacturers not being consistently in stock.
Whizzzz

Post by Whizzzz »

UK seems to have similar issues importing Hammerlis, I wasnt able to get an ap20 pro last month.
mojoatomic

Post by mojoatomic »

I just ordered a LP500 expert from Krale (Netherlands) yesterday, due in Memphis this Friday (UPS, $30 shipping). I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone to them.

The ugly truth is that many of the folks selling Walther's in the US buy them through the Krale wholesale program and just middle you. If they don't have them in stock and they "arrange shipping"... it's a good bet that your Walther is being drop shipped from somewhere.
Brazos

Post by Brazos »

I also got my LP500 Expert from Krale back in January. Shipping was like $29 and had it in a few days. Just looked and the price is $1661. I paid $1708. Prices change daily based off the strength of the dollar.