Pistol shooting shoes...do they work?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
B Lafferty

Re: Pistol shooting shoes...do they work?

Post by B Lafferty »

brent375hh wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:17 am
B Lafferty wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:51 am Just curious to know if anyone has used these shoes from Creedmoor. The same shoe is also available from Champion's Choice.

https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product ... air--rifle
I have the Champion Choice shoes. They are very flat and stable. Very little give to the soles. The Creedmoor were on sale for $50 last month, but my size was not in stock.
Thanks. I may gift myself a pair.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I bought a pair of Do-Win (Korean I believe) weight lifting shoes from a guy in Hungary through eBay (go figure) for less than US$70 a while back. Very stable with a wooden heel and a Velcro strap across the instep which I cut off since it added nothing to stability. Regrettable they were a little tight so I then bought a pair of Reebok shoes which had a similar strap (also removed) but this time with a high density polyurethane heel. These weightlifting shoes have very little padding in the soles and low yield heels so provide a very stable platform. And are significantly cheaper than Sauer, Nike and other brands. The Creedmoor look good though.

Bob
lakiraly

Post by lakiraly »

I believe the pistol shooting shoes sold by Champions Choice and Creedmoor look very similar but one is blue and the other is red. They look to be the same quality but many sizes are out of stock. I know they are comfortable but need an insole added for arch support as I mentioned in a post on page two.
Agt. Smith

Post by Agt. Smith »

Very happy with the Corami shoes so far. After several months they are starting to break in and feel much better than now.

A lot is personal preference, but my only advice is to use foot tracings for size - not generic "size charts".

Info here: https://buinger.com/Corami-shooting-boo ... -pistol_13

Previous thread here: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=64301

Good luck !
lakiraly

Post by lakiraly »

I looked online at the Corami shooting shoes, they look very good.
If I didn't own a good pair of Sauer shoes, I'd definitely consider the Corami.
BTW if anyone reading this forum is interested, I have a pair of (Men's US 11) Champion's Choice Victory Model in as new condition along with the original box only worn by me 12 times. Put on before shooting and taken off after shooting at the Gary Anderson Competition Center, Camp Perry Ohio.
Email me directly at Lak9@bex.net if interested and/or want pictures.
bootneckbob

Post by bootneckbob »

I have a pair of Sauer shooting shoes and think they help. As has already been said it keeps everything the same (I usually wear the same or similar clothes too).
I don't mind shooting in my socks buy I figure there's no point in doing that as it might be frowned upon or not appropriate at certain ranges. The shoes just make it a done deal, nothing else to think about. On a technical point though I do notice less sway when wearing them than not, dry firing for example.
They are expensive but I've had mine for about 4 years now and they still look like new. Given the price of the pistol the shoes seem an ok investment. I also have Champion shooting glasses for nothing more than a blind, but I figure in time I might need a lens fitting.
toddinjax

Post by toddinjax »

FWIW, back when I bought mine I seem remember reading, most likely here, that they should no be as snug as your regular shoes. Your feet should be able to move around a bit without the shoe pressing on your. Kinda of a "find the size that fit "normally" then buy one size larger.
cloudswimmer

Post by cloudswimmer »

bootneckbob wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:15 pm I have a pair of Sauer shooting shoes and think they help. As has already been said it keeps everything the same (I usually wear the same or similar clothes too).
I don't mind shooting in my socks buy I figure there's no point in doing that as it might be frowned upon or not appropriate at certain ranges. The shoes just make it a done deal, nothing else to think about. On a technical point though I do notice less sway when wearing them than not, dry firing for example.
For dryfire practice at home do you stand on a hard floor or carpet? I shoot indoors barefoot in a pair of 2 dollar thin rubber Chinese flip flops .. but my whole house is old school thick shag carpet, you think I’d see an improvement with dedicated shooting shoes indoors here?
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

We're trying to ID Marvin's pistol on Shooter's Lounge.

But check out Marvin's SHOES!!! Maybe he's on to something . . . .

bootneckbob

Post by bootneckbob »

cloudswimmer wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:57 pm
bootneckbob wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:15 pm I have a pair of Sauer shooting shoes and think they help. As has already been said it keeps everything the same (I usually wear the same or similar clothes too).
For dryfire practice at home do you stand on a hard floor or carpet? I shoot indoors barefoot in a pair of 2 dollar thin rubber Chinese flip flops .. but my whole house is old school thick shag carpet, you think I’d see an improvement with dedicated shooting shoes indoors here?
Sorry about the delay in replying. My whole house and indoor range is hardwood flooring so I'm afraid I'm not in a position to comment.
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

atomicgale wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:56 pm We're trying to ID Marvin's pistol on Shooter's Lounge.

But check out Marvin's SHOES!!! Maybe he's on to something . . . .
So should I get the Feinwerkbau P8X or the Uranium Q38 Explosive Space Modulator?