Accurize Laser Trainer For 10m AP?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
cloudswimmer

Accurize Laser Trainer For 10m AP?

Post by cloudswimmer »

Hey guys,

Has anyone tried the .177 Accurize Laser cartridge in their 10m AP for dry fire practice and fun? I recently bought the .22 version for my Ruger MkIII target pistol and it’s very accurate, and very well made and packaged. It’s made out of precision machined aluminum, anodized red, and has a magnet that keeps it in place. It’s acoustically activated. I ordered my .22 version via their eBay web store in the middle of December last month and it was here at my house in the US in under a week!

My only concern .. and a question I guess .. is how harmful if at all would it be to my Morini 162ei barrel inserting/un-inserting this on a regular bases .. is it going to effect my pellet accuracy after a while? I asked the rep the same question .. and the reply I got was “we have precision target shooters using them in air rifle”. With my MkIII I’m not real concerned cause it’s .. well .. a Ruger MkIII 🙄 , but my Morini is another ball of wax of course. I’m using the L.A.S.R. software https://www.lasrapp.com/ with 10m AP targets, and Accurize is here https://www.lasrapp.com/ Thanks for your thoughts.

Chris

cloudswimmer

Re: Accurize Laser Trainer For 10m AP?

Post by cloudswimmer »

If anyone happens to be lurking here in the future and wondering the same thing I was about inserting an Accurize laser trainer in the bore of their Morini, Buck at Pilkington says it should be ok. I just ordered one, it’ll be here in a week from the date of this post, if anyone wants to know how it works out in my 162ei PM me. I’ve had a blast so far with the .22 version in my NRA Bulleye pistol and am hoping the same for the .177.

Chris
TonyO

Post by TonyO »

G’Day. I recently tried one and had some problems;
1. The laser unit has a spear rod with small o-rings to hold in the barrel. The spear is about 3cm long. It is clearly designed for barrels where the crown is accessible. For my AP, the compensator is so long that the spear doesn’t seat in the barrel. I had to bodgy it up with electrical tape so that it didn’t just fall out.
2. The method of zeroing the unit is crazy. It gives you ONE shot to zero. There’s no facility to shoot a group as sighters. I don’t know about anyone else but I can’t reliably shoot a 10.9 with my first shot. I resorted to carrying the gun to the target and firing it at my sub-6 position then walking back to my line to complete the series. You can manually enter your zero but it’s not easy.
3. The instruction manuals are terrible. There’s a different manual for the laser. I think they went through a number of languages before getting to English. They were really very little help. Took me ages just to figure out how to turn the laser on (or even that I had to).
On the good side, the scaled down target faces work well at 5m and allow you shoot in the house.
Bottom line: I didn’t like the system and think it’s value for training is very limited.
cloudswimmer

Post by cloudswimmer »

TonyO wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:32 pm G’Day. I recently tried one and had some problems;
1. The laser unit has a spear rod with small o-rings to hold in the barrel. The spear is about 3cm long. It is clearly designed for barrels where the crown is accessible. For my AP, the compensator is so long that the spear doesn’t seat in the barrel. I had to bodgy it up with electrical tape so that it didn’t just fall out.
2. The method of zeroing the unit is crazy. It gives you ONE shot to zero. There’s no facility to shoot a group as sighters. I don’t know about anyone else but I can’t reliably shoot a 10.9 with my first shot. I resorted to carrying the gun to the target and firing it at my sub-6 position then walking back to my line to complete the series. You can manually enter your zero but it’s not easy.
3. The instruction manuals are terrible. There’s a different manual for the laser. I think they went through a number of languages before getting to English. They were really very little help. Took me ages just to figure out how to turn the laser on (or even that I had to).
On the good side, the scaled down target faces work well at 5m and allow you shoot in the house.
Bottom line: I didn’t like the system and think it’s value for training is very limited.
It sounds like your using their electronic target yes? The one I’m using in my .22 bullseye pistol in the picture above I use with the L.A.S.R. targeting software and ISSF 10m paper targets, and I shoot the target from exactly 10m away in my house. I just push the little black button on the front of the laser and it’s on. My Accurize laser didn’t come with any instructions, but I was able to download the English only manual which was easy to understand for me .. but I’d figured it out beforehand so it was redundant reading. As far as zeroing I didn’t need to do any zeroing with the L.A.S.R. software .. just adjusted my sight elevation a smidge. I put the pistol on my bench rest and it drills pretty much one hole .. way more accurate than my live .22 ammo. Now mind you this is the .22 version laser in a bull barrel Ruger MkIII so the magnet sticks like glue, but I can see your point about a long aluminum compensator being a problem with the lasers magnet not sticking with the .177 version, I asked Ole at Accurize twice about this and sent him a picture of my Morini, he said they have 2 different .177 versions .. short and long, and that I’d need the long version for it to work, did you get the long or short version? Mine gets delivered tomorrow and if it works out in my Morini 162ei I’ll let you know, otherwise I’ll just return it. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

Chris